Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have dealt with some losers in my time but i cant stress enough that if you havent dealt with ghostrider customs DONT DO IT!!
messed me around for a month told me so much crap and when my pipe finally arrived today its the wrong f#@%king one. dont waste your time or hard earned $$$ with this lying idiot. thought after reading his feedback and being a site sponser i might have had better luck. oh and no im not returning it to have it replaced with the right pipe ( i ordered a BLACK CFR 2-1 pipe i got a polished/chrome?? one ) if i send it back i will be waiting till next year given his turnaround time. i'll have to have it hpc coated at my expense AUD $180.00. what a rip off!!
cheers sonny

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
Thats a bummer mate, I have delt with Aaron more than once and was always prompt and honest in his dealings with me.

·
Chad
263 Posts
I know your frustrations Sonny, it took me 5 MONTHS to get my pipes. After many unreturned phone calls and E-mails I finally recieved the pipes with-out the mounting hardware! Love the product but find it hard to refer others. I won't mention the brand name, wait....I think it's in my sig....oops!

·
Vampyre
58 Posts
got my drag bars through them, no probs whatsoever, very prompt shipping, just ordered a indicator relocation kit the other day, keep my fingers crossed, but the emails for shipping very quick and pleasant. Always a little nerving this side of the pond mate, but we dont have too many choices for stuff here.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I never met the man but it almost sounds like he might have a brother on this site as well!! I never have ordered anything from GRC. So I cant really speak bad of someone, but..... well never mind. Will be quiet ... for now....

·
Flat Broke
277 Posts
My order went fine. I do however have a feeling pipes may either be drop shipped from the vendor or ordered by him first then sent out from him. Probably what caused delay. Most companies don't stock big ticket items like that anymore

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I realize this is after the fact but after sniffing around I dealt directly with CFR. Straight to manufacturer, You may or may not pay a bit more but the customer service was outstanding. Carry himself came to the phone more than once.

Call them and see if they might exchange it for you Sonny. Ya never know. If nothing else you can tell them about the lousy representation at ghosties. Vent a little.

Good Luck

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
I've had a number of dealings with GRC/Aaron with no problems, buying or selling. Maybe your pipe got held up in customs. That happens quite often.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
sitting on the fence here as far as ghostie is concerned ,not hearing both sides of the story , before everyone weighs in maybe someone should pm AA , so he can balance out this thread and have a right of reply, that way it wont seem like a basher thread that has become too common amoungst new members lately

saying that i will add , stuff doesnt get held up in our customs ,if it needs duty paid, u get a phone call the day it comes into the country ,they want their money and they want it now ,lol,i know from personal exsperiance

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
I myself have bought from GRcustoms, and my buddy also. Both of us have spent $1000.00 plus bucks there.

Neither of us have had any problems. And I even was helped above and beyond when I asked for a set of mirrors with a different set of mirror stems on them. IE he swapped to different mirror set ups fr me to get the look I wanted.

I will say this.

I believe the GR site is a collection of items for the V-rod, that is actually items made by others. So it's a great place to look for ideas, then to research who actually makes the item. And then to compare prices to try and get the lowest available. Sometimes GR has the lower, others it's a bit more.

I don't like paying for a middle man, but in some cases it's worth it. Also the shipping time on my parts was fast, but for my buddy it took a little longer. But keep in mind these are people, and things come up. It could have been an issue of a family emergency, or even an issue on the main companies end not GR when he ordered the part from them.

I will say anytime I have e-mailed GR, I got a reply back within 24 hours and faster than that also.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Chiming here as well.

Ive spent some good money with Aaron as well. I even got a faulty item and he made it right.

I think you're over reacting. Give Aaron a call.

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
basher thread that has become too common amoungst new members lately
Please try not to draw a line in the sand___________________________________________________________________
Just because you have been a member of this forum for a few years or are moderator does not privi you to the only right to complain or express a negative view about someone or a vendor to be specific. I don't think people instantly post negative threads. These types of threads/post are typically a result of frustration and a lack of results. To put it plainly everyone likes to get what they paid for...Thanks a new member...

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Please try not to draw a line in the sand___________________________________________________________________
Just because you have been a member of this forum for a few years or are moderator does not privi you to the only right to complain or express a negative view about someone or a vendor to be specific. I don't think people instantly post negative threads. These types of threads/post are typically a result of frustration and a lack of results. To put it plainly everyone likes to get what they paid for...Thanks a new member...
Id be nice if he write a real story and try to work with the guy.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ive seen new members join for the sole reason of bashing a shop, So yes...It happens.

Ive delt with Aaron from Gr, The guys at Toxic, Sharkey and a couple others....Ive only had one bad experience when it comes to ordering parts and it wasnt from any of these guys.

Alot of it comes back to treating people how you want to be treated most of the time. Nobody wants to deal with a A__hole.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
i.ve only ever bought a couple of items from grc and found aaron very helpfull and quickly adjusted shipping charges to the UK.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i would think that Aaron knows the drill around here enough to not fock over a member.. i have never had a issue with him what so ever. Bought quite a few items from him and all have been delivered timely, and usually with a free shirt... not saying it didn't happen though.. GR is a middle man and shite happens when it comes to dealing with vendors.. hope it works out...

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
:cupcake:grouphug can't we all just get along?

·
brett
9,338 Posts
hey mr ky, you might do well to re read the whole part of what i wrote ,and not quote me out of context , cos what u have decided on quoting has nothing to do with what i was trying to get across,which was meaning cant we all just get along like jedi has just said ,this place is better than most forums cos we used to not just get in here and like a good brawl like other forums ,brawling and flaming should be a LAST resort not a first resort ,and no im not a mod,

i have no problems about anyone complaining ,but new people have been coming on as of late and just going blood nuts from the first post,they may be right, the may be wrong but once shite is typed, its there forever and may damage someones bussiness ,even if its by one sale it doesnt matter ,

i just think people should have both sides of a story before the hanging party comes out ,,and sure if they are guilty then yes let the name and shame happen ,not before

p,s out of 11 people who have dealt with ghost in this thread so far only 2 have had a problem ,considering these threads are like moths to flames ,if anyone has had a bad problem and gives them a chance to revent ,2 is pretty good i thinks ,if there was a general problem it would be like 52 by now and for the record he is not my friend nor have i ever bought from him

brett

1 - 20 of 54 Posts