Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Been looking at these.

Anyone have these? Fit & Finish? Is it "aerobically transparent" enough to not impede airflow?

I've heard both + & - regarding dealings with GRC. Are they back to being reliable?

NEED DATA (god, I sound like James)...

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have set on my bike from a different vendor with similar mesh pattern. Keeps the radiator nice and clean, and as far as I know, no problem with cooling, and as you know, it gets pretty darn hot and humid down here.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have set on my bike from a different vendor with similar mesh pattern. Keeps the radiator nice and clean, and as far as I know, no problem with cooling, and as you know, it gets pretty darn hot and humid down here.
Vendor?

Were they screens with frames (like the GRC) or just plain screens?

Watched GRC's install video - fit and finish looks nice...

I mean, I can cut a set of Homey Depot screens out, making a stencil from the covers (here's where LAZY comes in), but if someone's already done it nicely - I'd prefer to pay THEM for their efforts and do a 15 minute install (versus an all day project + powdercoating or painting)...

Rick

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
I have the ones from Handydan and they work great!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I went to GRC's site and looked.Those grills look good.
Never saw them in person,but a set w flames might match my X flames pretty nice.

·
Registered
672 Posts
i had the chrome grill from grcustoms on my 06d. they fit very will and r really a quality piece. i liked them better than the cheaper screens. i just ordered another set for my muscle. u want be disappointed in them.

·
Wasted $40.00!
232 Posts
HandyDan!

He's the man, contact him thru here and he gives members the best price, their are several styles and vender's selling them on ebay also!

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
handy dan has the best price and gets them out quickly i ordered on a monday had them on Friday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts