Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2011 nightrod special and bought the vance and hines 2 into1 indy series exhaust and a screamin eagle air filter, i also bought the super tuner but it is beyond my capabilities, i guess im simple minded. but i have made an appointment at the local dealer to have the bike dyno tuned and was wondering if there is anything i should know before going in. any help or input would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
check with other local riders in your area before deciding on this dealer doing your dyno and tune. No matter what tuning hardware or software you purchase, it is only as good as the person doing the dyno and subsequent tune.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
:them:

Ditto what AOW said...

Rick

·
Registered
600 Posts
Be sure you keep the super tuner in your possesion. Once used it is married to the bike an will be needed if and when future changes are made.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Be sure you keep the super tuner in your possesion. Once used it is married to the bike an will be needed if and when future changes are made.
And get them to put your tune on a jump drive too (bring one with you), in case the VCI gets lost or damaged...

Rick

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
check with other local riders in your area before deciding on this dealer doing your dyno and tune. No matter what tuning hardware or software you purchase, it is only as good as the person doing the dyno and subsequent tune.
In my opinion a dyno is the best way to tune. The operator must obviously know what he/she is doing. Using a sert, a lot of variables can be handled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts