Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the R for 13 years. Time to let her go. Going ahead and getting everything just right so the new owner can focus on riding. New battery, breather hoses, and those always corroding reservoir caps.

Looking for thoughts on what a pristine 7,000 mile example should bring? It's a proper R and not one of those lowered monstrosities.

Also curious on what the following would bring, and would it be better to sell separately or all as a package?
Sundowner seat set
Original VRSCR bags (these were actually recalled for cracking, in perfect shape) and all mounts.
Chrome rear plate and small backrest.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I would be interested in the sundowner seat set, if you decide you are going to sell them separate.

·
Registered Insane
Two 2003 VRSCA's: CTHULHU is Black/Sterling, N/A ; EVIL TWIN is Anodized and S/C
1,196 Posts
Nice that you are tackling common concerns BEFORE the sale! In response to your question, I would leave at least the plate and backrest on it because there will be holes if you don't. Those saddle bags might command a good price if sold separately.

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Except the saddle bag mounts all of the extra parts are off. The top plate didn't leave any new holes.

Thanks on the Motus comments. I actually have two of them with one just put up for sale. I'm definitely keeping the carbon fiber bike. So far nobody has beaten my 165mph (with bags) standing mile run. I need to take it back to the mile again anyway. With some fine tuning I'm up about 20hp and 7mph at the 1/4 mile mark since then. If anyone decides to get serious I'll simply hit the 70hp on switch. Here is a pic of the back side of my intake manifold. No dyno runs yet but calculate a total of about 270hp.
Blue Automotive tire Gas Auto part Electrical wiring

·
VRSC est -03
3,433 Posts
Hi Mike. Long time.
If I remember correctly, did you have a car project going on in the garage? Progress there too?

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I love the R and all, but it's just mighty tough to throw a leg over it when I can be on 100lbs lighter, full bags and fairing, 200hp, and can do this to a tire.
When MOTUS went out of business I was depressed - what a great start for an American M/C company only to collapse as they rose to prominence. Fking Bummer. I still drool over used ones for sale - what you selling the non carbon bike for Mike ? I'm sure you got the valvetrain all sorted out and bikes tight and right. So yea, I did a similar angular destruction to the AVON rear tire on the R Mike but it was flat in the middle also due to me riding more on the middle than you - looked like a flat top dirt bike jump - now I'm running the Cruisetec rear and at least for my riding will probably leave a mostly rounded spent tire - is that an AVON on the MOTUS ?

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
When MOTUS went out of business I was depressed - what a great start for an American M/C company only to collapse as they rose to prominence. Fking Bummer. I still drool over used ones for sale - what you selling the non carbon bike for Mike ? I'm sure you got the valvetrain all sorted out and bikes tight and right. So yea, I did a similar angular destruction to the AVON rear tire on the R Mike but it was flat in the middle also due to me riding more on the middle than you - looked like a flat top dirt bike jump - now I'm running the Cruisetec rear and at least for my riding will probably leave a mostly rounded spent tire - is that an AVON on the MOTUS ?
It's a Dunlop Q3 plus on the Motus. I'm selling a 2018. It's without a doubt the most well sorted Motus MSTR in existence and I've been through it front to back. Was a factory demo bike. Never titled and never registered. Has 5200 miles. I took it to four track days getting it all sorted. Heads done. In fact, the photo above is the black bike I'm selling. Asking 28K. I have a FB market place add on it, and you can see full details on my FB page. Mike Messer | Facebook I'm pretty open with my FB and forum brethren that my bottom dollar is going to be 23K. Comes with the Pit Bull Trailer Restraint in the photo.
EDIT: The nitrous photo is my carbon bike. The one I'm selling is stock.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Mike.... Ive just sold my R after 16 years of ownership (im in the UK)... I now have a Triumph Speed Twin, which is a whole person lighter than my old R.... Loved my R but i thought i was due an upgrade. I was the one who originally called you a 'Massive Prick' (sorry) but thats water under the bridge and it still makes me smile to see that under your name and reminds me to think before i type, haha.... Hope youre well and good luck with your next purchase.

On a side note, i have my Wilbers rear shocks that are in pristine condition with not many miles on them, and will be looking to hopefully sell them on, but at the moment havn't figured out what theyre worth.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I paid around $ 250 for a NOS bracket set and another $ 200 for a brand new set of non R logo bags, so $ 450 then another $ 50 and 30 manhours :( to install two more quick disconnects, one on each bag bracket so they don't fly off. Removeable Tie wrap on front end is much, much easier - a decent used bracket and bags should be worth $ 300 - 400 depending on how faded the bags are, zippers OK etc.
Mike I miss the back and forth " discussions " with our old land down under mutual buddy Tassie Tony - if nothing else he was very useful in being entertaining, in a totally annoying way -
If I hadn't just spent almost what you're asking for the MOTUS on an ARGO 8 x 8 Amphibious vehicle I'd be rolling that way to buy that primo MOTUS off you. 😥😭

·
Registered
215 Posts
I paid around $ 250 for a NOS bracket set and another $ 200 for a brand new set of non R logo bags, so $ 450 then another $ 50 and 30 manhours :( to install two more quick disconnects, one on each bag bracket so they don't fly off. Removeable Tie wrap on front end is much, much easier - a decent used bracket and bags should be worth $ 300 - 400 depending on how faded the bags are, zippers OK etc.
After I lost one of my bags, I drilled and tapped a stainless bolt to keep them on! I paid $200 for one new bag at Seminole. They’re the sport bags, my spare set is original stock, with the R logo and mounts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts