Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wazzup: I am ordering the turbo this week. I guess it will be at my house in 3 weeks or so. Living island style in Hawaii. Anyways I am doing a self install, and I will say my level of mechanics is 2.5 out of 5. I do my own services on my bike so I know my way around it. So my question is, do you have any tips, tricks, or any suggestions. I have a simi-stock 04 VRSCB with Sampson pipes, SE air, and Power Commander. I am also up-grading to a SE racing fuel tuner. Also FYI I got my first box of parts in the mail, I am changing out all the lights on my V, cleaning up the dogs ass, and dropping in a bigger fuel tank. Maybe I should give my mechanical skills a little more credit. My buddy has a Vulcan 2000, it was stock and I was stock and he got dusted. He is putting spray on it, I think he is still going to loose to a real V. ME-->:spank: <--HIM

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
Good luck with your turbo although I could never guess where you could really get up to speed except for that wide expanse of straight away on the freeway just before Honolulu airport.

·
Registered
964 Posts
watch the video, watch the video, watch the video. Use the instructions only for reference (unless he has updated them) and do what the video says. If I had that video prior to doing mine it would have saved me an easy 5 hours.

Especially watch the part where he taps the oil filter housing. What he does on the video and what I interpreted the instructions to tell me to do are two totally different things.

Lastly dont be afraid to ask for help. I got lots of help from a number of great guys when I did mine

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Make sure you ask if you have a question, mine went pretty well except for some missing parts. Everyone on here will watch for you to post and be ready to offer help/advice. I'd post any questions in the turbo/big bore section. Nick is always just a phone call away and Max is truely fantastic.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
It's not how fast you can go but how quick you get there! Those turbo bikes are impressive.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
I dont own a turbo, but I thought that video was awesome! I really wish I hadnt watched it now. I want one!! LOL

·
Registered
248 Posts
That turbo is a bad idea. I wouldnt do it. In fact I adamantly oppose this installation. Please send parts and instructions to:
Ilikefreeturbos.com
c/o Rodric Lenhart
Charlotte NC

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts