Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it''s been discussed b4 but can anyone tell me the best way of removing these things without damaging the bike?

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
cubota said:
I'm sure it''s been discussed b4 but can anyone tell me the best way of removing these things without damaging the bike?
Apparently, Waxed Dental Floss, of the Minty kind is what you need.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
mr_vrodder said:
Apparently, Waxed Dental Floss, of the Minty kind is what you need.
From what I've seen, this is about the only thing dental floss is used for in England. :rofl:

·
4,638 Posts
vroddrew said:
From what I've seen, this is about the only thing dental floss is used for in England. :rofl:
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

·
Here for the ride
355 Posts
I just used a hair dryer and after a few minutes I pryed them off with my hands. I figure if a hair dryer can trip a breaker it sure can take off a little glue.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vroddrew said:
Indeed, but I live in France. Here you don't need a heat gun; the average French breath can peel paint at 50 metres (sorry, yards(?)).

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
You guy need to go Ride! :slap: :biker: :diablo:

·
4,638 Posts
Manhorse said:
I thought it was the armpits?????

How long does shaving your armpits take? About ten minutes, right? Do it once a week and that’s 520 minutes a year. Eight and a half hours scratching yourself to death with a bloody razor?! Think of what you can do it that time:
i) You could watch the English Patient 2 1/2 times
ii) You could go to the beach eight times
iii) You could have one long marathon shag - or 52 quickies
iv) You could watch 4 1/3 Black Fern rugby matches
v) You could watch 12 1/2 episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer
vi) You could throw an enormous party and drink the night away
vii) You could fly from New Zealand to Australia six times over
In short, there are better things to do.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine pulled right off with my hands. Just give them a good pull. Very little residue from glue was left.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I dripped "goo gone" behind mine.. let sit a few minute... peeled right off. I would NOT try GOOF OFF... it's pretty strong stuff and may discolor.

·
4,638 Posts
I used a chain and graphel hook from joe and tied it to the bumper of my truck then ran the chain around my forks ...Then I had KAZ back my truck up and the chain slid down the forks the reflectors came right off....... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Just Jokeing........

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ricky G. said:
I used a chain and graphel hook from joe and tied it to the bumper of my truck then ran the chain around my forks ...Then I had KAZ back my truck up and the chain slid down the forks the reflectors came right off....... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Just Jokeing........
:cheers: :barf: :boobs: :thumb:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Use fishing line and saw your way thru... takes about 2 minutes each.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts