Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

My powerline setup should be showing up soon so I needto figure out my tuner situation. I cant afford 700 or 800 for an autotune setup right now but i see that i could buythe PCV and add autotune later... but will it work on a 2003 v-rod? I read about a retrofit but cant find pricing.

For u guys with the powerline setup, what tuner setups have worked for you?

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I first was running my powerline, I just had a Gil's box at the time. It ran really well.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
I'm certain a PCV would work fine, in fact a PC III would be fine if you went the used route. I'm using the TTS Mastertune, and it ROCKS if you want to spend some time on a dyno dialing it in. (I also have a Powerline).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent found a pc3 usb for cheap so I figure I might as,well get a pcv if it will allow me to use the autotune later. On the otherhand, fuel moto sells their efi tuner for 240 shipped ans its basically a pc3 usb without the buttons.

I cant find much info on the gilsbox but really, im looking for a "set it and forget it" module thatll work well in a stock vrod with powerline.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Where'd you find this powerline anyway ?

Rick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wicked is making it for me. Should hopefully make it here soon but I've still gotta figure out what tuner I'm gonna go with.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Jamie at Fuel moto sells a PC-V for the earlier V-Rods with life time maps and doubles the warranty also, I was always told to find a map for a CFR to be close to what a V-modded powerline would need if I got a used PC-3.

I have the mid pipe from Wicked, he does awesome work! I'm gonna try a SE scribted can with the washer drilled out first till I can aford a PC-V for my 02, that way the stage one download should be enough for that setup and I'll still have the look I want and performance should be close to the same as it is now. :)

Be sure to post some pics and hopefully a good sound clip!

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
I believe the PC-V with auto-tune needs O2 sensors in the exhaust headers. Stock VRSCA does not have holes for the sensors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts