Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gone
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the fact that DX is in the 08 line up you would think that parts would be readily available. However, my bike has been at the dealer for weeks and weeks waiting for the frame rail and other parts to come in.

I think it's a bit ridiculous. Is everyone having this problem?????? What's the hold up.

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
my only suggestion is to order the parts for your mod's, then once they're in, set the appt. to make the changes. you're losing valuable riding time otherwise.

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
Gdub said:
He is waiting on a frame rail. Not sure that is considered a mod, but good point.
oh sorry, thanks for clarifying.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I know the dealers around here have very little parts for the V in stock, custom or otherwise. The shelves are full of goodies for the air-cooled but not much of anything else.

·
Cruzin the Dark Side
320 Posts
Don't know if this applies or not but I've noticed that when I order parts for my V-rod (or Road Glide parts for my conversion, they usually are received in 3-4 days. Now if a part is ordered as a WARRANTY replacement, all of a sudden it is 3-4 weeks.

·
HOLY RODKNOCKERS !
156 Posts
I'm waiting for a friggin rear bracket for signals for two damd months being, told they are back ordered til end of August. I am totally pissed right now !:bat

·
Registered
21 Posts
i just had the same problem and i just got my frame rail in today for the dx also and i waited 5 weeks. i was still waiting for my rear master cylinder which is back ordered till oct 12th. i asked my dealer if there is any dearler in the country with the part in stock. they were able to search and found 2 so i called the other dealer and the one is gonna ship it to me. try that route!

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
i had the same issue with the 07. Bike came in but not all the extras. Took what they had and searched for the rest. Didnt want to wait until an unknown time when they would all arrive. Who knew the rear bracket was solid gold? Ive found theres enough dealers on the planet.... for the most part you can find some one with what you need. You may just have to allow your parts see the country via UPS a bit

·
Registered
479 Posts
im waiting on a frame rail too, luckily mine still works its just bent up a lil. so im still able to ride

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
SMOKIN ROD said:
I'm waiting for a friggin rear bracket for signals for two damd months being, told they are back ordered til end of August. I am totally pissed right now !:bat
Get used to it--this is typical HD BS. I've learned to not even bother going to the stealership when I need a part because I know they won't have it. So I phone in my order and go pick it up when it comes in.

·
Registered
239 Posts
parts

When encountered with this type of situation H-D does have some systems in place to help eliminate these types of wait's for parts.. the term down vehicle is used to get the parts over night from the distribution center. the next term "direct ship" can be used if no part is in the warehouse but is used on current model year production. This means if your 07 Dx has a right frame rail damaged the 2008 is the same and can be ordered direct ship from the plant in K.C thru your local dealer... most smaller dealers are not up to speed regarding this policy and more than likely your dealer personnel are not aware of this!

·
Gone
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vr Master said:
When encountered with this type of situation H-D does have some systems in place to help eliminate these types of wait's for parts.. the term down vehicle is used to get the parts over night from the distribution center. the next term "direct ship" can be used if no part is in the warehouse but is used on current model year production. This means if your 07 Dx has a right frame rail damaged the 2008 is the same and can be ordered direct ship from the plant in K.C thru your local dealer... most smaller dealers are not up to speed regarding this policy and more than likely your dealer personnel are not aware of this!
I actually wrote a letter to the HD head Customer Service office in WI last week explaining how my bike has been "down" for 3 months due to unavailability of parts. Once the head office got involved, my parts shipped within a day or two. (In transit now)

I recieved a couple direct telephone calls during the process. I have to say that I was somewhat surprised at the time that was taken to address my issue. :)

If you have similar problems, I would alert the home office. They don't seem to like it when riders are not happy.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I had the same thing when i bought my 07 DX...the wait on the base plate was 3 weeks..... Now im love my sauk City HD so much ppl think i pimp for em every chance i get, but i dont. I said.. gimme the bike, ill find my own parts. Which was easy enough to do and install on my own. I still got to ride. And yes....cmon, were all intelligent ppl here... warranty parts always take more time cuz its non profit. now i know we all want to be the most important person in the eyes of the Father Company...Boobs Book Bands and Dollars move mountains.
Your Pal,
J

1 - 14 of 14 Posts