Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TimCowell
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a solvent to get melted trouser off the exhaust?. Don't want to damage the chrome. Partners cordura has melted and left unsightly gunge on the pipe, although I didn't think cordura melted, so it may be just nylon.
Tim :(

·
Red Rod Rider
244 Posts
have you tried chrome cleaner? my nephew put his plastic bike cover on when it was still hot & got a similar mess on his downpipe, solvo autosol got it off pretty easily..

·
Premium Member
11,362 Posts
Some people have used Easy Off oven cleaner with good results. The kind used for cold applications.
Also a light touch with a razor blade will scrape it off without damaging the chrome. Use it lightly however.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Easy off Will do the job. Any cooking pan stain cleaner will work also. I have a product i bot in japan that works well and u r welcome to come by and use it if u live close to london.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Easy off Will do the job. Any cooking pan stain cleaner will work also. I have a product i bot in japan that works well and u r welcome to come by and use it if u live close to london.
Tim should be at Calne, so you could buff together :D

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
If you use oven cleaner, DO NOT get it on anything else, it will peel paint and stain other finishes. Does the trick though. Mother's Chrome polish is very good as well.

·
TimCowell
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys...a combination of paint stripper and razor blade did the trick

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Time to stop wearing polyester... :hidesbeh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts