Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new fender, put it on about a month ago. Bike hasn't even been taken out, but there are 4 water spots that appeared and I just noticed them today on my first ride in 3 months.

I've tried the Harley denim cleaner, windex, dawn, but these buggers are still there and its very annoying! Thing should be flawless w/ 0 miles on it.

Any other suggestions? Is it worth trying vinegar/water?
Clearcoat failure?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am on my 4th black denim bike and never seen anything on it windex didnt clean up.

I heard white vinegar will remove water spots on black denim but havent tried it myself. Good luck.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quick TTT in case anyone else has some suggestions. It looks similar to how clear-coat failures looks like on a car, but it doesn't feel that way when you run your finger across it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didn't have any water spots on mine but the denim was starting to look "worn". I used the S-1000 engine brightener from Harley all over the engine and any "satin" parts, it really brought them back to life. Might be something to try. :/

·
Defender of Freedom
716 Posts
I am on my 4th black denim bike and never seen anything on it windex didnt clean up.

I heard white vinegar will remove water spots on black denim but havent tried it myself. Good luck.
Make sure the Windex is the "Original Formula". I've had a days worth of riding in the rain water spots on mine that windex made vanish.:notworth:

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
I just wash mine, dry it off quickly, get on and ride. Never even look for water spots. Don't care if it has some as I doubt they'd slow it down any.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
why not just buy a 99 cent can of flat black and spray over the marks? All I use is 99 cent a can spray paint on my 20,000 VRSCX and it always looks brand new.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sent this back ($60 to ship?!?!?) and the company is ordering a new one!

Harley parts are just junk!!!

I've had painted parts, gloves, jacket AND a helmet that all have had to be exchanged under warranty. Guess I'll cut my ties now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts