Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy install with a good step by step instructions. They even had pictures that tried to show what they were instructing you to do. The wires are very long with plenty of room to place it at the battery or the rear seat; basicly your choice. This setup does use the O2 sensors. How? I dont know though.

The programming was easy and quick. I currently am running topless and just have the stock pipes drilled. The programming I used is what they showed as "Stage I" in the manual. I have a set of v-mods I will finish cleaning up and put on tomorrow and see how it runs then.

Had a lot of stuttering and popping that has went away with adding the TFI box. Seat of the pants dyno says the manager is helping when I rolled hard in 2nd and 3rd. The bike seems to have a lot of response now. I recommend this for those looking for a piggy back system.

:moped:

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I just thought Id add my experience so far....

I installed my GEN3 dobeck onto my 08 DX,and so far i love it....I am using Manolos settings as we are both running same THunderheaders with k&N,topless....

click here for video of GEN3 install:http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=42189

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I ran it finally today...and found that it seemed abit rich...so I leaned it abit to the "Stage 1" settings in intructions...and wow,it runs awesome now!

Dan

·
Registered
318 Posts
What made you think it was running rich? I am still trying to figure what mine was doing. I am thinking since I am at 6000 feet my settings react differently from that of others.
I know most bikes come lean from the factory, but mine always seem to be rich from the factory. I never recieved my new fueler from Dobeck last week. I will call them tuesday to see whats going on, I would like to give it one more try with the new fueler.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
whylee said:
What made you think it was running rich? I am still trying to figure what mine was doing. I am thinking since I am at 6000 feet my settings react differently from that of others.
I know most bikes come lean from the factory, but mine always seem to be rich from the factory. I never recieved my new fueler from Dobeck last week. I will call them tuesday to see whats going on, I would like to give it one more try with the new fueler.

well,the main reason was I saw my video and saw alot of black smoke at throttle....also,on the THunderheader it leaves alot of black carbon deposit on end of pipe...this is normal to some extent but I felt it was rich...so,I leaned it down somewhat on green,yellow and red settings.....I was running manolos setup,and he was about 1 point higher on some settings then the STAGE 1 shows in manual....so I felt i could easily go to stage one,and see how she ran.

I found that the 5 and 6 modes should stay near stock...

I also found that when I put the top back onto k&N that it really seemed sluggish....so I modded my lid to be SEMI-topless...and it seems decent now...

I really think you need to play around with it all....start with stage one and work with it from there...i have a feeling your setup can probably be closer to base settings,since Im at stage one with alot less backpressure in my THunderheader....k&n and semi topless.

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 3rd generation fuelers send a fake "I'm at 14.7:1 ARF" voltage to the ECU in place of the sensors.

If the '08 ECU got hold of the sensor readings its "adaptive fuel" routines would take the extra fuel right back out and it would be FUBAR up in the open-loop areas too because whatever percentage fuel the ECU took out of the closed-loop areas would be removed everywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts