Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Artillery VET
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a gelpad to put in the passenger seat for my wife ,the bike was setting in the sun for awhile and when we got on the bike the gelpad was hot and stayed hot.
my wife had me pull into a gas station so she could go inside to get a bottle of water cool the seat down it was that hot.
Has anyone had this problem with the gelpads ?
i got it at a bike rally in Johnstown pa.
I took the cover off the seat cut the pad to fit and then put the cover back over it.
the seat looks good you cant tell it was done ,but it gets to hot .

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Most places put something over it, then foam, then the cover. They can get hot!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I don't have a gel seat on the V, but I have experienced this on my bicycle w/a gel seat. CPTJAM is correct in that there needs to be an insulator between your cheeks and seat gell. A thin piece of cushion foam that you get from Wally World or such would be perfect.
On a side note, this is a good time to tell your wife that..."she's so hot it sets the seat on fire"

·
N R S N V
1,012 Posts
gel in seat, layer of memory foam over that, then seat cover over that. can ride for miles....had it for 2 years now!!!

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Had my stock seat re-done by http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1_102 .

Seat is great and the cost was well worth it. Decided later to send them my Sundowner to match the stitching they did on the stock seat. Gel is fine if it's done correctly.

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
I just had mine done not long ago also.

Gel pad then layer of foam over the top before covering in leather.

·
Artillery VET
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks for all the input , i'll pull it back off and redo it right. who need to have a wife with a hot azz anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts