Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my renewal for the V Rod with Geico - 3rd year with them and its only $144.00!!!! I keep thinking they'll jack me any year now but its still great. I even got a speed ticket last year.

I'm used to Progressive - first year pretty good and then tripled the rate on me.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
ptschuma said:
Just got my renewal for the V Rod with Geico - 3rd year with them and its only $144.00!!!! I keep thinking they'll jack me any year now but its still great. I even got a speed ticket last year.

I'm used to Progressive - first year pretty good and then tripled the rate on me.
:them:

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
ptschuma said:

What kind of coverage you got for that rate?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
The problem with Geico at least in NJ is that they will only allow coverage for aftermarket accessories up to 1/3 the value of the bike. They value my 03 at $12,500. That would get me $4166 for my accessories. That won't even cover my wheels. I asked about paying for additional coverage and they won't even do that. When my policy is up I'm going somewhere else.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12 month coverage, no winter layup.
50,000 / 100,000 bodily inj per person / occurence
25,000 property damage
12,500 / 25,000 unisured bodily injury
same for underinsured
$250 deduct for comp and collision.

Get a discount for MSF course, renewal policy, and "Mature Rider" (40 yrs old).

Probably on the light side for Coverage, but I was trying to save $ at the time and figured my other health, life etc... picks up more if anything would happen.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Give ForeMost a call. They cover more bikes than anyone. Very reasonable and quite a few Forums members are covered by them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ptschuma said:

This is my third year with Geico also, $176 a year. It has went down $5 a year so far.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
louballs said:
I hear you on that one Mike. Have you tried Rider Insurance of NJ? I found them to be cheaper than Geico and offer more options for aftermarket accessories/paint.

I had Rider first. They were $200 more then Geico. That's why I switched, but now I'm thinking it was a mistake. I called another company (can't remember which one) about getting $50k in coverage and they wanted $2500 a year. I like my bike, but for the amount of riding I do it's not worth it to spend that much.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
louballs said:
Yeah thats a lot of money, but also a lot of coverage. I have geico for my can insurance and they are the cheapest I can find, but for my bike they won't cut it. Let me know if you find any other good/cheap companies as my insurance is up in mid september.

I have Geico for my cars as well and they were great when some Ahole hit me on the Parkway and totaled my car. I had a check in hand in under 2 weeks and they paid me more then I though I would get. I was very happy with them. I won't be shopping for bike insurance until next year. My policy is good until March.

·
Chuck
2,292 Posts
I just moved to a major metro area from a small town & my bike insurance went up $120/yr. with Geico. They were going to double my car insurance (car & truck), but the agent on the phone messed up & gave me way too much coverage. I pay $325/yr. now for the bike & my car/truck insurance only went up about $200/yr. Not bad considering the change of scenery.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Got the lil green leezard myself..100/300k on all three bikes.
Full coverage on the V with $250 deductable and just upped the chrome goodie/accessory coverage to 3k. The V costs me $285 a yr. The Norton has special antique coverage,can only ride it 2500 miles to shows or "occassional"pleasure,no work, and its covered for $10k payback if it gets stolen or damaged..thats $65 a yr. and the Yammi has just liability for $105 a yr. Its like a sore [email protected]#$..ya can't beat it :angeldev:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hard to beat Gieco... ...even if their marketing sucks...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey, I just called Geico(I all ready have it) to see if the can lower my premium and they just lowered it by $38.00!!! I guess that's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Die cavemen die! Oh wait, eat that stinking lizard and choke to death, Die!

Watch out for adjusters that know jack. Geico paid for repairs when some ass backed into my R and split. No problem but the adjuster was,... well let's just say he was not a bike person.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts