Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
geesh there are a couple of things ive got to get used to. today i was able to ride but not p/u my new 07 d nightrod.its got mid controls. well...my sporty had mid controls. these are almost behind me so to speak.so as i put my feet up i keep missing my controls. oh well. ill get used to that although the controls are stretching my thigh muscles. i can tell that ill be able to control it better at low speeds than my sporty but im still a little shaky on it. next ive been told i need to wear a full face cuz well you just do thats all. boy are they hot!!!!!!!!!.the break in is very cool. dont exceed 5000 rpm for 50 miles. dont exceed 7000 til 500 miles. well at 7000 im sure the power will realy be on. even at 5000 the scoot can scoot.its so quiet. you get fooled when you look at how quickly youve reached speed.i only got to put 20 miles on it but i know ill get more comfy soon. i pu tomorrow.
fred and vinnie the v:dance:

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
it's not safe, I know, but in montana there's no helmet law, and sometimes I go without. Much cooler.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Look into Scorpion helmets. The EXO-400 or 700 series helmets are GREAT in the heat. Great bang for the buck - I payed 270 tax, title, and license for my 700(mine has color-shifting graphics so it was a little more pricey than the rest of the 700 series). I'm in the Texas summer and I have no problem being hot. And yes, I too went from a Sporty to a VROD. First time I went down a hill I thought I was going to flip over the bars.:chair:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Most Full face have vents and they all have a visor, you could open it. LOL

I only wear a full face on a trip rest of the time it is a shorty.

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Congrats! Full face w visor open, actually keeps the sun from beating down on your noggin.

·
Registered
323 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
i would rather be safe (and hot) than sorry
Are you wearing a helmet in your avatar? :stilpoke:

Tony

·
1130cc.com PITFA
2,883 Posts
My KBC has 3 front vents and 3 top vents, nice and cool..until I have to stop:mad:
Plus, there are bugs everywhere here, buddy took a fly(we think) at 30 mph just below the eye.
Nice shiner the next day.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
Are you wearing a helmet in your avatar?
no i am not the one and only time i have ever gone down a road with out.. i am doing a whole three miles an hour down a residential street.. and i think i went a whole 100 feet for the picture..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts