Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted a link about a handlebar mounted gear position indicator a while back and I can't for my life find that thread. I've done all kinds of searches with 0 results. Does anyone by any chance know where that thread is?

Thx in advance :notworth:

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
don't know of a straight gear indicator, but the V-gauge will tell you what gear you are in and a hell of a lot more! Not cheap - but worth every penny!

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thread had a link to a site that featured the gear indicator. I've found a few gear indicator manufacturers but none of them list any for HD.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
There was also one for a headsup display but you'll need a full face lid.

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the one!!!! Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Nice looking gauge - but at $225, you're almost halfway to a v-gauge.

Do like the Dakota, though.

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A v-gauge is just too bulky for me and it has a ton of features I would probably never use. If I decide to get the v-gauge after all I think I would need to have a modified air box but with the SE it kinda doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
bonketi said:
A v-gauge is just too bulky for me and it has a ton of features I would probably never use. If I decide to get the v-gauge after all I think I would need to have a modified air box but with the SE it kinda doesn't make sense.
Can't disagree with that logic - the biggest downside for the v-gauge is finding a place to mount it, especially if you are keeping the stock cluster. That little gear indicator looks pretty compact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts