Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mark me as interested. Will be watching closely.
I think $500 or under, and you could sell a bunch.
As long as they looked right, and fit correctly. Vrscf owner here.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi, any progress on midcontrol front?
Yes and no. I have two major projects to wrap up before getting back to this. Really want to get a 3d printer in house to speed up development on these type of projects. Winter is the busy season for my ideas...I need to duplicate myself.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I had mids and the kit to install it, in the end i didnt have the tools to do the install so i said fuck it and got closer reach foot controls built by Altered State Design V-Rod Parts.
I have Rizomas on my bike. They require removal of the swingarm pivot shaft. Indeed if you don't have a shop and preferably air tools I don't recommend it. Then again, I recommend air tools/compressor for anyone ready to get serious about wrenching (I have the scars and bruises from years of breaker bars and no air working on midwest rust buckets to help persuade you. No air SUCKS!).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ever since I found out there was mid controls available for our bikes I've been on the hunt. But the only thing I can find is the extortionate Badlands ones and the arhcustoms rear controls for >09. Unfortunately dont like the rear drag race position and my bike is an 07 night rod.
If these come into production pls pm me

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ever since I found out there was mid controls available for our bikes I've been on the hunt. But the only thing I can find is the extortionate Badlands ones and the arhcustoms rear controls for >09. Unfortunately dont like the rear drag race position and my bike is an 07 night rod.
If these come into production pls pm me
I hear you. I hunted for the Rizomas since the 2nd day I had the bike. Found them by total luck.

As for producing such a kit, I still have intentions to start the project. I'm a self taught SolidWorks student, so some of this is newer territory for me. I was relying on a lot of third party help for some of my manufacturing projects and it was typically not working out or costing me too much money. Funny how time and money motivate people to learn a new skill (my friends have been telling me for years I would pick up CAD very quickly....I should have listened).

The V-rod has unfortunately reached the age/point of "Cheap to acquire, no budget to upgrade". This happens with all vehicles/bikes over the years. Lots of interest (and a market with cash for parts) at the start, then the platform gets old, people buy the bikes under 5g for a "fun" bike (I totally get it), but when it comes to actual quality parts....not so much money in hand. I've been down this route in other industries over the years of being a business owner. It's frustrating as I typically tend to enjoy more of the less mainstream vehicles to tinker with (case in point: I have a 90 Eagle Talon that I have had for eons that I still mess with...talk about blast from the past).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts