Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of years ago Trask made an outboard bearing support for the V-rod, both polished and in black, that has since been discontinued. This provided an additional anchor point for the transmission output shaft, anchoring it more securely to prevent flexing of the transmission under high loads (think drag racings, road racing, burnouts, redlight kings, or just plain dyno shootouts).

While I cannot speak to other manufacturers out there that produce similar units, I did get ahold of a Trask employee who looked into this. He stated they get calls every now and then looking for the outboard bearing support both US and European customers. They further stated that if we can get 20 units together they do a single production run. Exact cost details are unknown but the previous units were around 525 before shipping.

If there’s enough interest we can go back to them an try to negotiate a price.

I myself am interested in 2, so that leaves 18 more.

·
"Vrod King"
830 Posts
I would be in for 2 units also.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be in for one.
Awesome spread the word i dont use facebook but im sure there are others there who are interested.

i also spoke with Scott over at Fitzgerald Motorsports about this and while he hasn't agreed to anything, he did mention he has the capabilities.

More support and pledged units certainly couldn't hurt

·
Registered
460 Posts
Add me +1 to this. This is reminiscent of the clutch parts that Holy Moto made (read: going to be unobtainium shortly after this).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts