Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come up with a way to bleed the brakes and clutch using a gravity feed system that bolts up to the stock reservoir. This method allows you to bleed and flush the systems without constantly having to add small amounts of fluid to the reservoir. This system also prevents the damaging fluids from coming in contact with your painted and powder coated surfaces. This system would be priced around the 65-70 dollar range. No modifications would be necessary or required. The patent is pending, so no pictures at this time.

Is this something you would be interested in using?

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bleeder kit for use on Harley Davidson front brake systems including V-Rod brake and clutch. Should fit all Harleys with stock front brake and clutch reservoir built since 1996. All models 1996-2007 The only differance is the brake fluid your system requires. Dot 4 or Dot 5.

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this pulls from the resivoir cap there is a difference. The brembos use different reservoirs.
Thanks for pointing this out as my Brembo knowledge is limited. The system I have designed uses a stock modified reservoir cap and can be changed to accommodate either setup.

This is for the clutch and front brakes only.

This is a gravity feed system and can not be used for the rear brake due to the rear master cylinder and caliper being on the same plain.

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes if it works,and gets a good report from a couple of guys here , id be interested
Good to know and thanks for posting. I made this gadget about three years ago after finding it messy and difficult to do a brake system flush and bleed alone in the shop and have had great success with it. As soon as I have everything finalized, I will pick one person and ship it to them for a trial and review.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
hmmmm i gotta say doing the clutch line by myself is a pita and would love something make it easier ,my vote goes to rsc to trail it and make a video for us to watch ,or sharkey cos i see his little beedy eyes lurking down the bottom

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
rsc has a bleeder kit for the kelsey hayes brakes but, when i bought 1 from motive products for my dx (brembo's), they sent me a kit for a KTM. i'd like to try 1 for the brembo's. and i'm sure rsc would make a video of it.

·
Livin the dream
77 Posts
I'm interested

V-Loco,

I'm interested. I'm looking to change my brake & clutch fluids currently.

G

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the delay in this guys. I am still waiting on some parts to come back and still waiting for the patent to be issued. Hopefully soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.