Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been working in this thing for years and refuse to buy a new cluster at $400 a pop. So I finished my technical degree and finally learned enough to do this. I took the cluster completely down to the circuit board and found a resistor that had fallen off the board. Cleaned the corrosion with some emry cloth, soldered it back on and BAM! Working fine! So easy boys. If you guys have one that you need take a look at I'd be more than happy to take a look if you ship it to me and leave some beer money in the box! I'm in Socal.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im actually a network engineer and took a few courses with my nephew who is studying to be an electrical engineer I was going to pay that little snot to fit it but I cant let him know he is getting smarter then me!

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
cool you found that!. I have opened really A LOT and never found loose parts. most I do is or convert theme from new or never opened for custom stuff. or i fix fak ups from so called shops do to it. seen about all...

You are lucky you did not pull the axles out. be careful with the -01 -01A or -01B versions from 02 -05... you need to completely take the servo apart with small sprockets to replace that axle.

Angelo - DCL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.