Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while I'm at work at the dealership this past weekend they finish the assembly on the first Fat Bob and first bike of the new model line for the year. There seemed to be excessive vibration and the tech who put it together worked to see if something was wrong but everything was assembled correctly. But that wasnt nearly the worst thing this bike had to deal with all day. After a short amount of time on the showroom floor, someones already interested in it. So, like a jackass, their salesman starts the bike on the showroom floor and proceeds to do his best movie star pose:banghead: on it all the while placing his foot on the shifter and sending the bike crashing into a night train. Luckily, nobody got really hurt except for another employee who happened to be walking by and tried to catch the falling bike. But the real damage went to the bikes. The Night Train is not that big a deal but the Fat Bob, the only one we have, the newest model, and the one that was about to be sold is effed. Severely dented tank, broken mirror, broken brake handle, bent foot brake pedal, and scratched risers. Even better, all the parts are backordered until next year. The nicest thing anyone could say about the poor salesman, Gator, was that he is quickly working his way out the door. I feel kinda bad for the guy because accidents happen but the fact that he put his foot on the shifter side of the bike while it was started is just pure negligence. Oh well, I guess. I think that bike looks like crap and he did it a favor.:angeldev:

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Ok...I shouldn't laugh...but I am. It seems like something you would see on America's Funniet Home Videos...I can just see this bike taking off and hearing the "clunk" of the shifter going into gear.....poor guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm still laughing :)

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
Would hate to see that happen weather you like the bike or not. still sucks

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Sucks for Gator..... Jeez

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Poor Gator.
Can you get the video from the security camera? Maybe Gator could start his new job in the movies.:laugh:

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
Poor Gator.
Can you get the video from the security camera? Maybe Gator could start his new job in the movies.:laugh:

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:
Damn, I wish I had access to the security cameras. Maybe we can watch it at the Christmas party. Either way, he is the joke of the dealership.

·
Two Wheels Or A Prop
163 Posts
Details:

1) Did "Gator" stay on for the entire ride?

2) How far did the bike actually travel before hitting said Night Train?

3) Surprised it didn't stall/kill the motor, esp with a guy sitting on it.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aneal000 said:
Details:

1) Did "Gator" stay on for the entire ride?

2) How far did the bike actually travel before hitting said Night Train?

3) Surprised it didn't stall/kill the motor, esp with a guy sitting on it.
He never actually got to ride it. He just stood by it with one of his legs on it, looking like a giant douche. Bike only traveled about 5 feet before hitting the night train.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Atleast it was'nt a V-Rod or Gator would have been fired on the spot.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hd-v-rodder said:
At least it was'nt a V-Rod or Gator would have been fired on the spot.
I would have executed him personally.

·
Gone
545 Posts
To me the real problem there is that parts are backordered until next year. Where does the Motor Co get off doing that??? You would think that the well-paid officers of the company would have the foresight to anticipate that parts will be needed--even for newer bikes but the truth is they never do. It has taken well over three months to get some REPLACEMENT parts for my DX.

It really pisses me off that you can buy parts for a suzuki faster than a Harley. If you ask me, the people who should be "shown the door" are the officers at the Motor Co. who determine parts production volumes, logistics, and inventory levels.

IMHO.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TBAR said:
To me the real problem there is that parts are backordered until next year. Where does the Motor Co get off doing that??? You would think that the well-paid officers of the company would have the foresight to anticipate that parts will be needed--even for newer bikes but the truth is they never do. It has taken well over three months to get some REPLACEMENT parts for my DX.

It really pisses me off that you can buy parts for a suzuki faster than a Harley. If you ask me, the people who should be "shown the door" are the officers at the Motor Co. who determine parts production volumes, logistics, and inventory levels.

IMHO.
Aaaaah the power of big business is all that is. Keep them wanting more........

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
metallica0099 said:
Aaaaah the power of big business is all that is. Keep them wanting more........
I think thats called "supply in demand". :blahblah:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts