Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off I have searched and searched for info on the 240 swap and there is tons of it here and I have read all that I could find. The problem for me is that so many people have done it so many different ways that I want to be sure that I am going the correct route. So I have been gathering parts and have a few remaining to do the swap and want to verify that I am getting the right stuff. I don't want to get the bike torn apart only to learn that I need to order something else.

So I have an 06 VRSCA. I have a stock 10 spoke rear wheel at Kosman right now being widened to 8.5 inches. I am getting a stock pulley machined down for the narrower belt. I know I have to cut down the inner fender also. I also have a chrome stock swingarm that will be clearanced at the brake mounting boss for the wider tire. Now this is what I am curious about. I have read that the 06 SE chrome belt guard is a bolt on for this type of swap. I also want to know if the international narrow belt is the one that I need to go with as I still have the stock sprocket up front and stock pulley just narrowed. Can anyone offer any insight and am I missing anything else? If you have the part numbers for the belt and guard that would be great too.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Just did exactly what you are doing. Kosman also widened my stock 10 spoke wheel. Talk to Chopper Steve ay V-Mod for your belt and guard. If I remember right, belt was 111.00 and guard was 149.00. Both fit perfect. Your gonna love the 240.

·
Never Late
520 Posts
taximech said:
Just did exactly what you are doing. Kosman also widened my stock 10 spoke wheel. Talk to Chopper Steve ay V-Mod for your belt and guard. If I remember right, belt was 111.00 and guard was 149.00. Both fit perfect. Your gonna love the 240.
:them:

don't have your belt narrowed...buy the se narrow belt...it is stronger then stock. And the belt guard steve sells will fit perfect. you will love it!

you will feel a slight loss in power, but it does not take away from the 240 or make you wish you never did the mod. I got my power back that i lost with some pipe work and remapping. I now never know it has a fat ass unless i am standing behind the bike....which you will find yourself doing all the time....just standing and looking!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts