Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a station that sells "no ethynol" gas; but they only sell the 89 octane.

I was thinking, I get an octane booster bottle (do you recomend any?) then pop a dose in the tank prior to a fill up with none-ethynol
89 Octane

What says you about that?

·
Registered
247 Posts
here is a little known secret about "octane boosters". they are a HUGE waste of $$$. when they advertise " will raise octane by 2-3 points", believe it or not, it raised by 2-3 decimal points. so that 89 octane is now 89.2 octane!!!:deal:

·
Asatruar
2,935 Posts
here is a little known secret about "octane boosters". they are a HUGE waste of $$$. when they advertise " will raise octane by 2-3 points", believe it or not, it raised by 2-3 decimal points. so that 89 octane is now 89.2 octane!!!:deal:
:them:

Octane Booster Info. From MSDS sheets,listing chemical composition of each brand.

·
I Hate Stupid People
720 Posts
You would be better off mixing Race Fuel to raise your octane level..:chair:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0503ec_octane_boosters_tested/index.html

Here is an in-depth on Octane booster characteristics...

I presume from reading this, that the variances on fuel-boosters are probably not that good for your engines.

This research article on booster, while very informative, does not have a research conclusion to infer on the efficacy results of the actual testing.

My impression now is to stick with the 92 ethynol crap...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts