Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
miscellaneous debris
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part # or perhaps the price of the top part of the gas tank ..the piece that all the gas line and electrical connect to ....I have a cracked 90 on one of the gas lines :sad: the whole piece must now be replaced thanks AJJ

·
Red Hot Rod
1,084 Posts
75173-01A Flange, fuel module....don't know the price. Also do a forum search on fuel flange....there may be an easy fix.......

·
miscellaneous debris
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what I have been reading am I to believe that there is an upgraded fitting from HD that I can thread in to fix this problem thanks for the help here is some pictures of the problem

Attachments

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I think the only option is a new flange. Even if you had enough meat in the top of the flange to drill and tap for a aftermarket fitting you would have to contend with the fuel connection.

Good luck Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Goodnight!!! I have this same problem today 2021, you will know if there is any way to get this new cover or there is an alternative that has been found over the years. Do you know where I can buy it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
from what I have been reading am I to believe that there is an upgraded fitting from HD that I can thread in to fix this problem thanks for the help here is some pictures of the problem
Goodnight!!! I have this same problem today 2021, you will know if there is any way to get this new cover or there is an alternative that has been found over the years. Do you know where I can buy it?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
There is 60 lbs. of pressure on that fuel line. Attempting to repair it can be met with disaster. If the repair fails you will spew fuel all over a hot engine resulting in a fire. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried to repair it with an epoxy that was for breaks in gasoline tanks and the result was that gasoline came out everywhere !!!! 😟😟. I went to hurt what is in PR and sent for her. now I have to wait for the piece.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I tried to repair it with an epoxy that was for breaks in gasoline tanks and the result was that gasoline came out everywhere !!!! 😟😟. I went to hurt what is in PR and sent for her. now I have to wait for the piece.
As for the tank itself, epoxy don't stick to poly. Very few will actually stick to it, that includes JB Weld which is a form of epoxy. There are special adhesives for poly, or a product called PRC will also work. Plastic welding is another option using poly rod.
Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts