Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Same tool that's been around for years. And the price has gone up . I bought mine from UE with the tank for around $25.00...Its worth whatever the cost because it makes the ring removal very easy and quick. thanks for the info I'm sure that a lot of people are wondering where to buy the tool other than from the dealer for about $100....or more . from time to time they are available here in the classified section.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
hmmmm... may have to order one

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
hmmmm... may have to order one
A strap wrench works pretty well... Probably could make one out of a coffee can in about 5 minutes as well. :D

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
Coffee cans are a lot cheaper. Here is a LINK on how to make a tool.
Attached is a ready made template you can use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
The coffee can will last about 5 removals and installs before the metal starts to get fatigued.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
a friend made one out of a worn out hole saw of the proper size and i have heard of making one out of a piece of pvc but for 40 dollars a tool that you can use forever is a bargain when you consider the time you spend rigging something..

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
The cheapest and easiest is the strap wrench. I got 2 for $4.99 at harbor freight and it works flawlessly!! Cant beat that with a stick. Also you can use it while it (tank) is in the
bike as well.
Joe

·
EXCELSIOR
8,473 Posts

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts