Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my next project started tonight. I got the motor pulled out of the bike and broke down. Cases get shipped off Monday one half to get bored the other to Eagle to get the bearings pinned. Thanks to mattj for coming over to help me out.

Attachments

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Sweet!! Did you see that.. Smoothrod is making an Alcohol Funny Bike!

Did ya see the new Velocity stacks sitting there.. Made by Coors Motorsports!

:D :laugh: :rofl: :rofl2:

j/k goodluck!

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
You gonna get rid of that orange stripe while your at it? :stilpoke:

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Man.......... Lonnie looks like quite a project, can't wait to hear about the finished product! :notworth:

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I have been waiting for this. "Build It" It looks pretty good inside, nice and clean. Did you find any surprises? I know you are gentle on your equipment.:stilpoke:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Lonnie can I borrow your wheels while your bike is down? :rofl:

Good luck and I hope all goes smoothhhhhhhhh!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Hey, Which part goes to DMX?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,389 Posts
Good Luck with the build Lonnie.. Hope all goes well for you..:angelwin:

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
o2man98 said:
I have been waiting for this. "Build It" It looks pretty good inside, nice and clean. Did you find any surprises? I know you are gentle on your equipment.:stilpoke:

To my absolute surprise the inside of the motor is as clean as the day they put it together. Rod and main bearings look like they were brand new, the trans gears all look good too. Not one speck of anything in the oil pan.

I put some of the roughest 16k miles you can put on a motorcycle, and it still looks like new. This motor in its stock application appears to be damn near bullet proof. To say the least im very impressed :plause:

Oh yea Ken it looks like the Amsoil is doing its job. :stilpoke:

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steppenwolf said:
The flux capacitor.

Lonnie - can you give us a build spec?
Alex the build spec goes like this.

Se Heads

Mike Jones cams .480"/.455"

58mm Throttlebody

Destoryer Crank

Cp Pistons

Stock Rods

1250 bore

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
smoothrod said:
Alex the build spec goes like this.

Se Heads

Mike Jones cams .480"/.455"

58mm Throttlebody

Destoryer Crank

Cp Pistons

Stock Rods

1250 bore
Cool. VERY curious to see what kind of power you make. Also what kind of clearancing (if any) you have to do to clear the rear oil jet. I have most of the parts for the same build except with a 1/4" stroke.

You using the Jones springs or sticking with the SE/stock ones? I know that Eagle (and others) have done a few builds with the stock springs and Megacycle .480s, though that does start to push tolerances by coming near coil bind.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steppenwolf said:
Cool. VERY curious to see what kind of power you make. Also what kind of clearancing (if any) you have to do to clear the rear oil jet. I have most of the parts for the same build except with a 1/4" stroke.

You using the Jones springs or sticking with the SE/stock ones? I know that Eagle (and others) have done a few builds with the stock springs and Megacycle .480s, though that does start to push tolerances by coming near coil bind.

Alex Mike built for us a set of retainers and beehive springs so I will be using them. He really did us a great service by making them almost $200 cheaper than the ferrera bullshit.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
smoothrod said:
Alex Mike built for us a set of retainers and beehive springs so I will be using them. He really did us a great service by making them almost $200 cheaper than the ferrera bullshit.
Good - That's my plan as well - I followed the thread about the development of those springs very closely. Was actually surprised to realize how many bikes were pushing the tolerances of the HD springs with high-lift cams.

Though I already have the CP pistons with relocated wristpins for a 1/4" stroker, I have not invested in a crank yet, so might still go with the Destroyer instead... just have not ever seen numbers on that build. I would just need a different set of pistons or rods.

I'm not pulling my engine for a couple of months yet, so will be watching you closely. Let me know if you run out of Mechanic Fuel and I'll have Coors send you some more.

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Damn Lonnie............Your wife must be out to sea again so you can start a new project:stilpoke: .......Hope the build goes well.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SlammedV said:
Damn Lonnie............Your wife must be out to sea again so you can start a new project:stilpoke: .......Hope the build goes well.

You know Steve my wife is a real trooper. She came home from being gone for 2 1/2 weeks walked threw the garage this am and said to me "what are you doing to your bike?" I said "ah just some motor work" she said "cool". I think I have said it in another thread before, no one can put up with my shit like she can, thats why we have been together for 10 years. :)

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
that is pretty awesome lonnie..

i cant wait to see how it all turns out..

and one of these days .. we all have to meet this "wife" you have been talking about LOL.. i think you made her up

and umm joseph makes a good point

1 - 20 of 59 Posts