Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If any members buy their products - BE FOR-WARNED....

they are working on customer service and getting betterAND... the BLACK WAVE ROTORS ARE NOVELTY ONLY...

DO - NOT use the black rotors on the road....per GALFER - put them on your bike and trailer it to a show....

CMON GALFER..... LETS GET REAL.........:chair:

Interested to know what members think about the black wave rotors being novelty only.... anyone else ever been told that????

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like :bs:

Thanks for the 411
pretty amazing.... I talked with "management" @ Galfer and said I was not told these black rotors were novelty only... NOT FOR THE ROAD.... I was told " I am not your salseman"....:deal:

anyway

I could spray paint rotors and have them look better than the Galfer "blotch black" rotors....:D

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow.I hope I never piss off anyone enough for them to publicly announce that I'm an asshole,and the product I sell is junk.
I feel for my customers.......

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Sharkey! Your passion for taking care of your customer is the reason you're my first choice for farkles!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Novelty brake disks??? NICE :D Whats next.... novelty wheels maybe? lol

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Bump...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
almost as nice as those novelty condoms in the men's room at cheap bars. DAMN YOU FRENCH TICKLERS! DAMN YOU TO HELL

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
wouldnt you think there would be liability selling rotors without a big warning on the box or something

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'd think. I'd like to see more on this to verify.
to verify what? that the black Galfer rotors are show only.... you know like they said..."put them on your bike then trailer your bike to the show"

I am not making this up and am going to bat for members here that purchased them.....

If you doubt me you can always call galfer (or send an e-mail) and ask if the black rotors are for "show only".....:D

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wouldnt you think there would be liability selling rotors without a big warning on the box or something
what I can see is this -

no warning on the box.... no warning on-line...

a small something in the catalogue that says the black is for show only.....and... I was not told this when i purchased them... only after the black wore off after 20 miles was I informed of this .....:deal:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice.

Market a brake rotor for show only and don't tell anybody. Are they soft metal as well?

http://www.galferusa.com/html/stealth.html

Using all of the technology found in our Standard Wave® rotors, the Stealth rotors offer a new level of customization and protection. Our black oxide treatment turns the rotor black, offering custom bike builders a great way to show off all that chrome or to blend with a blackened wheel. The oxide treatment also helps protect the rotor against the elements and debris. Black oxide treatments provide a cosmetic coating to the friction surface of a rotor, which can be removed with normal use.
That doesn't sound like a show-only description to me. Sounds like they're trying to cover up some quality problems.

Thanks for the heads-up, Sharkey.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
to verify what? that the black Galfer rotors are show only.... you know like they said..."put them on your bike then trailer your bike to the show"

I am not making this up and am going to bat for members here that purchased them.....

If you doubt me you can always call galfer (or send an e-mail) and ask if the black rotors are for "show only".....:D
Was not doubting you altogether, just seems a bit odd that this would be so blatant and hidden - but absolutely believable these days. Could not find anything on their site.

(BTW - quickest response yet:D)

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Not doughting what your saying V-shop .

But,
I have used galfer my whole road racing career in WERA and AMA. Lines, rotors and pads. They were always top notch for me. The customer and racing support for me was above and beyond.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Don't laugh but that is what PM told me after 2 sets of their chrome wheels had chroming issues...:barf: They said they were for show use only and if I wanted daily use wheels then they only recommended the polished aluminum...:bs:

·
THUNDER X 2
388 Posts
I have a set of the black rotors, and the only reference I could find to any warranty issues is that you must use their pads, nothing about show use only. The rotors are no longer black where the pads touch. They do work better than stock though IMO.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Not doughting what your saying V-shop .

But,
I have used galfer my whole road racing career in WERA and AMA. Lines, rotors and pads. They were always top notch for me. The customer and racing support for me was above and beyond.
I went back and did mange to find a little info on them.
I believe what they may have meant by "show" was that the black will eventually wear off if used a lot. It does not mention that they are not road worthy rotors or any performance issues.

"Using all of the technology found in our Standard Wave® rotors, the Stealth rotors offer a new level of customization and protection. Our black oxide treatment turns the rotor black, offering custom bike builders a great way to show off all that chrome or to blend with a blackened wheel. The oxide treatment also helps protect the rotor against the elements and debris. Black oxide treatments provide a cosmetic coating to the friction surface of a rotor, which can be removed with normal use."

1 - 20 of 78 Posts