Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of upgrading the front end on my 05 VRSCB, AK20 fork kit, HHI 6 piston calipers, fork brace plus new Galfer wave discs. After a lengthy saga I've finally been sent the correct 292 mm front discs after being sent the 300 mm ones for the 06 onwards Brembo models.

I've also now received the rear Galfer disc however it is 300 mm in diameter the same as the incorrect front discs. The part number on the disc is DF822FLW (CW shown on box). Does anyone know if this will actually fit an earlier non-Brembo model before I go and take the rear wheel off?

I've had a look on V-mod and the Galfer rear disc for 2002-05 models is labelled as 292 mm but the picture shows a DF822FLW disc. Another website lists the rear disc as the same for all models but the number as DF824CW.

Bit confused at the moment as to whether I've got the correct one at the minute. I would ask the supplier I got them from but they've been pretty useless.

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not in relation to the rear disc, no.

I'm still not sure whether it will fit or not and haven't had the time to pull the rear wheel off and have a look. I think I'll probably just leave it until the tyre needs replaced and then look into it - if it doesn't fit I'll just have to get a black Brembo and axle from an 06/07 VRSCD and upgrade to that.

On the plus side, the front is finished now - see attached pic.

The difference with the AK20 fork kit and HHI calipers is night and day. Ride is firmer round town but much better over big bumps and hardly any dive on the forks on braking, which is also a huge improvement over stock. I'm pretty glad I went for the fork kit when upgrading the brakes - I'm not sure what it would have been like stopping with the original forks!

A bit of fine tuning is required on the fork settings, but overall I'm well pleased with the result - expensive, but worth it.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Not in relation to the rear disc, no.

I'm still not sure whether it will fit or not and haven't had the time to pull the rear wheel off and have a look. I think I'll probably just leave it until the tyre needs replaced and then look into it - if it doesn't fit I'll just have to get a black Brembo and axle from an 06/07 VRSCD and upgrade to that.

PM SENT... I would like to know if the rear early model rear rotor is any different from the Brembo ones, I know the front Brembos are bigger but no idea on the rear....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts