Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special Sale... since we are having the hotest month on record (I think) ever up here in Maine... V-Shop is offering a pair of front Black Wave Rotors to fit 2006 to present V-Rods with Brembo brakes. Will include 2 sets of Galfer brake pads with the deal....

$500.00 shipped in the USA.... I will ship anywhere in the world - you will just have to pay the USPS shipping...

Attachments

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Sharkey it's tough to tell in the pics, how black are the rotors? Are they as black as the carbon fiber ones? They look kind of dingy grey in the pics.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rick - these are like all their rotors - kinda - almost - but not quite all BLACK,,,, no grey or anything like that - just some areas are a darker black than others... I have sold about 10 sets of these so hopefully a member that has been running them can chime in...

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Sharkey do you have pictures of the stainless ones on my 04 turbo B model?

If not, I can send you some to post up. I retrofit my bike to a complete Brembo system and used these on chromed, widened, 10 spoke cast wheels and really like the look.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
let me be the first to ask the stupid question:

How do you mount them? Are the "buttons" something that can be replaced to mount them to the hubs??

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let me be the first to ask the stupid question:

How do you mount them? Are the "buttons" something that can be replaced to mount them to the hubs??
these are mounted with the stock OEM hardware..

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sharkey do you have pictures of the stainless ones on my 04 turbo B model?

If not, I can send you some to post up. I retrofit my bike to a complete Brembo system and used these on chromed, widened, 10 spoke cast wheels and really like the look.
here are the pics.... absolutely awesome looking B my friend..

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think Sinic has some on his bike .Check out his profile pics.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sinic

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
are those pictures of the normal ones or the black ones?

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those pics are not the black ones.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Sharkey the first pic doesn't do them justice, they look gray and ugly. In reality they are quite black and nice. Ahh if only they were gloss, but that technology doesn't exist yet.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so you give them 2 thumbs up? the camera does not help - I agree...

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Sharkey, since I've warped a stock one, would you like to send me a quote for the fronts in non-black, and tell me how well they work compared to stock? I definitely do not want to lose stopping power.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
so you give them 2 thumbs up? the camera does not help - I agree...
2 thumbs up, I'm keepin em. I'll post pics this weekend after I get them mounted.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
2 thumbs up, I'm keepin em. I'll post pics this weekend after I get them mounted.
Grunt. Has anyone tried STOPPING with them in a hurry?

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Grunt. Has anyone tried STOPPING with them in a hurry?
yes... these have been on bikes for about 3 or more years now... have not had one cust. call me and say the stopping sucks....

I am waiting another hour to call Galfer and check availability for you on the shiny ones...

·
Karl-60DegreeCycles
432 Posts
How much for a full set ( 2-front and 1-back) in black for a 08 DX?

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
yes... these have been on bikes for about 3 or more years now... have not had one cust. call me and say the stopping sucks....

I am waiting another hour to call Galfer and check availability for you on the shiny ones...
Any luck? Feel free to move to mail... Quote on just fronts and all three...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts