Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girlfriend was grocery shopping and since it was a beautiful day (but a little cool) I figured I'd wash and detail her '09 883 Custom. The bike is stock except for Stage 1 download, SE filter and V&H Straight Shot slipons. Fun bike. I finished getting it shined up and decided to take it for a short ride. Theres a guy who lives about three blocks away that has a 95 inch Road King with lumpy cams and a Thunderheader (don't know him personally, just heard about the bike). As I passed by and waved, he stared back and kept drinking beer and talking to his buddies in his driveway. After I made the short 20 mile ride and headed back, he's standing by the road waving for me to stop. His buddies are still standing in the driveway by the Road King. He asked about the bike and I told him it was a basically stock Sportster with slipons and a download. He looks to his friends and grins, then asks if out want to ride out on the highway and run'em. I tell him sure, let me get my jacket and I'll be back. I ride on to my girlfriends house and put her bike up and get my bike ('09 DX) and head back to his house. When I pull up he says "Thats not the bike you were on a minute ago" I told him that was my GF's and I don't race hers, but this one is mine. He then tells me he was kidding, and just wanted see if I would say yes to racing him. lol.

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Classic!!!!! Had a guy dissing my V on the parking lot. Kept claiming that his bike would blow mine into the weeds.... His buddies were telling him not to be stupid. He just about crapped when I walked up to it. Jokingly said to me wanna run it. I told him no, I didn't want to embarass him in front of his friends by getting his butt kicked by a girl. They loved it....

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
:notworth:

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
That's funny! Some guy a Worth HD during the dyno shootout was beating on the Vs.
I told him let's go for a ride and sort it out. He watched 4 or 5 pulls and thought better of it. Especially when most of the stock Vs pull 100+ hp and just about = airhead torque numbers.

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Classic!!!!! Had a guy dissing my V on the parking lot. Kept claiming that his bike would blow mine into the weeds.... His buddies were telling him not to be stupid. He just about crapped when I walked up to it. Jokingly said to me wanna run it. I told him no, I didn't want to embarass him in front of his friends by getting his butt kicked by a girl. They loved it....
Great!!!! Love it!!:D

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Rode 35 miles to the dealership yesterday. Most highway, and I spotted a dresser a mile ahead. I twist the throttle and catch him in seconds. We "raced" to the exit, and I beat him easily. We pulled in to the dealership, and shook hands. Nice guy - he spent almost 10K on mods, and on Comet, my mostly stock AW, I croaked him. FUN!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Had a guy on an old V-Max, (he seemed about 75 years old himself) tell me he would like to run me and that he has raced about a dozen V-Rods and beat them all, but never an all black one like that.
I asked: "on the street here" and he said ya. I then asked how the fock he ran across so many V's, let alone willing to race on the street - as I might see 4-5 a year around here. He stuttered, went back in the bar and never spoke to me about racing again.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Girlfriend was grocery shopping and since it was a beautiful day (but a little cool) I figured I'd wash and detail her '09 883 Custom. The bike is stock except for Stage 1 download, SE filter and V&H Straight Shot slipons. Fun bike. I finished getting it shined up and decided to take it for a short ride. Theres a guy who lives about three blocks away that has a 95 inch Road King with lumpy cams and a Thunderheader (don't know him personally, just heard about the bike). As I passed by and waved, he stared back and kept drinking beer and talking to his buddies in his driveway. After I made the short 20 mile ride and headed back, he's standing by the road waving for me to stop. His buddies are still standing in the driveway by the Road King. He asked about the bike and I told him it was a basically stock Sportster with slipons and a download. He looks to his friends and grins, then asks if out want to ride out on the highway and run'em. I tell him sure, let me get my jacket and I'll be back. I ride on to my girlfriends house and put her bike up and get my bike ('09 DX) and head back to his house. When I pull up he says "Thats not the bike you were on a minute ago" I told him that was my GF's and I don't race hers, but this one is mine. He then tells me he was kidding, and just wanted see if I would say yes to racing him. lol.
I would have told him I wasn't stupid enough to bring a knife to a gun fight!
:chainsaw:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Had a guy on an old V-Max, (he seemed about 75 years old himself) tell me he would like to run me and that he has raced about a dozen V-Rods and beat them all, but never an all black one like that.
I asked: "on the street here" and he said ya. I then asked how the fock he ran across so many V's, let alone willing to race on the street - as I might see 4-5 a year around here. He stuttered, went back in the bar and never spoke to me about racing again.

That's funny.
I am the old guy on the V-Rods around here.When I ask people if they want to line um up out on the road,they usually say,HELL NO,I've seen how you ride those things.
I'm gonna have to go out of town for some new hunting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts