Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a v-rod pulled away from me today !?!
well i was heading to work today.. and I live at the VERY end of I-8 in san diego (ocean beach) and the freeway just ends/starts there...

well im cutting lanes to get up to the stoplight where everyone takes off to go onto the freeway, and I see a v-rod up at front...

i'm coming up to the front and it turns green, so I gun it past him and onto the freeway at a decent speed...

well this guy thinks i wanna race and he GUNS it HARD.... im thinking 'ok well i'll give this guy a run for his money' and i gun it too.. not WOT, but im running at about 9k rpm through all the gears.. and this guy is PULLING on me ! well i make sure he doesnt pull AWAY from me untill we hit about 130 and start getting near heavy traffic and po-po nitches, and we slow to normal speed..

im suprised this thing was able to pull on me like that, it really suprised me.. i think it's over a litre displacement, and i know it makes some good horses, but i didnt think it had the get-up and go like i saw...

-AFAM/RK 520 kit
-crunchy plastik

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ketsugo said:
What was this guy riding? Because at 9K most sport bikes aren't even on the pipe yet.

John
Bike : Honda 01' F4i
-Yoshimura TRS full system
-PCIIIr
-AFAM/RK 520 kit
-crunchy plastik

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
So the guy is a weak dork......................really made us look good tho !!!!!!!!!

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
agreed, there was another guy saying a v-rod passed his 9r ninja.
i think the kids just don't know how to ride their bikes

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
You should see what all the sportbike guys say to me at the drags!:diablo: Only one has beat me and it was not stock!I went [email protected] to his [email protected] just got me on the big end and man was he moven!:eek:

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't tend to put to much faith in mags but
motor cyclists has it
V-rod [email protected]

Compared to the VTX1800C:
1/4 mi - 12.87sec @ 103.58mph
Top Speed - 130mph

hell, VTR1000f super hawk [email protected]
so it does look like we should keep up with some of the sport bikes after all. at least a big bad super hawk..

not to say they won't pull away from us in the twisties, but thats a different story

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Those numbers were of a tweaked 02 with a 28T pulley and other factory goodies with a pro rider. I have had my NHRA license for over 20 years, have been a divisional drag bike champion and raced super bikes. I got my 117.9 rwhp V-Rod down the 1/4 mile in a best of 11.29 @ 119 mph. STOCK 600's can run 10's with a skilled rider. I got smoked (2 bikes from 0 to 120 mph) buy a skilled rider on a BONE stock '04 Honda 600F4. Trust me ALL 600 and larger sport bikes are faster than our beloved V-Rod. Sad but true!

John

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John do you know if they done anything to the VTX or the superhawk?
would seem odd to beef up a bike to compare against stock machines.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Shawn, those numbers for the VTR are very odd. They obviously couldn't launch it. Look at the ET and MPH they are out of wack. Just as the V-Rods are out of wack the other way. 11.31 @ 114 doesn't jive and neither does 11.47 @ 119. Something is VERY wrong here. The tests I find for the VTR are 11.17 @ 124 mph.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_perf_nums/

John

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stupid magazines.
i also notice they never mention if the test conditions are the same. and if they are using the same riders.

oh well
my cousin had a superhawk, but he sold it to buy a new duc.
thing could turn on a dime. i got it up to 80 in 2nd :sinister:

on another note, i think i convinced my other cousin down in houston into selling his turbo busa for a v-rod...he came up and loved it!

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
When I get my 80 inch kit, cams, 58mm throttle bodies and an equal length 2 - 1 pipe, I will go sport bike hunting, you can count on it. I expect to run 10.60's! :diablo:

John

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found somemore funny stuff from a sportbike forum

I ran a Harley, full dresser no less, at the strip on my F3 and he kicked my ass .....and I was running 11.2-11.3.

Here is a pic of the dude. His bike runs mid 10's at ~120mph.

His bike launched HARD. I can get 1.8 60-foots all day long but he was DESTROYING me big time. It wasn't even funny. I was running him down fast at the end though. His MPH is very slow for the E/T he was running. It was all his launch. Besides, his buddy that was with him said he had $20,000 of mods into the bike.

BTW - I am in the 10's now.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by greg_liston
OH god!

This thread makes me want to go out and burn some harleys...

This summer is the 100th anniversary! There will be thousand s and thousands of victims. I cant wait for some big v8ish guy to laugh at the 6. i will rev and we will race.. By the end of the race i will be blocks away and his girl will be rubbing herself thinking about me....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just watch out for the modded ones and the Boss Hoss's. V-rod's too if you can't launch.

Attachments

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Effing Limey
All of your negative opinions about Harley are undoubtedly rooted in jealousy at some level.

Lastly, no matter how much faster you are than the guy on the Hog (and you probably ARE faster), his girl isn't going to be 'rubbing herself'. Harley's do that to the girl on thier own -- trust me. Your bike could run nines, and a good looking Harley will still pick up the most chicks, period.

·
Registered
109 Posts
FastVRSCA said:
Bike : Honda 01' F4i
-Yoshimura TRS full system
-PCIIIr
-AFAM/RK 520 kit
-crunchy plastik
hmmm I don't think the guy knows how to ride. i have a 01 f4i as my track bike with same mods (except full akro) and i don't think a stock v-rod will pull on me :confused:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
On my Old 152 rwhp single bottle system the 10.03 in 5000ft air.With the big 185+rwhp system I have not made a Clean pass yet!Went 3/10ths quicker to the 330ft at the last AHDRA "3.782/330"=9.40 In 4700ft air but Hurt the Tranny!:( It's still in the shop waiting to find out what went wrong.I think I bent the input shaft,but won't know for sure till next week!:mad: Off all the Fastest Race V-rods in the country only Tripp Nobles and Jamie McNaughton ran in the 9's at that race!They have 1400+cc Big Bore Factory Backed Monsters!:notworthy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts