Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a particular question for you guys that where glasses (prescription or just Sunglasses) and wear full face helmets.

I want to get a quality full face but wearing glasses all the time (bad astigmatism) it sucks having to squeeze the earpieces into the helmet all the time. Are any of you guys wearing FF helmets having the same issue or are there helmets that make this easier.

Sounds like a stupid question, I know, but it is a real pain in the ass to get glasses set right on the nose and ears and be comfortable, and NOT hold up a group of other riders wondering what the hell is taking you so long to get your helmet on right.

Whew...:soapbox: sorry for the rant but hoping someone has a recommendation. Looking to spend less than 500 for a good FF helmet.

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
Yes, I have a cheapy HJC Modular that I can open and pull on without removing my glasses. I would recommend getting a higher quality FF helmet, but modular is the way to go IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I have a KBC Wolf that has been real nice to get on with my glasses. I simple hold them with my teeth, put helmet on, slide ear pieces in with the help of one hand to guide perfectly behind my ears. This is a Snell approved helmet as well and can be bought for under $200.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wear a Noland Modular can easily wear glasses and put helmet on and off without removing glasses. I wear Marchon Airlock frames they are very light weight flexon type frames. The noland has a flip down shade that eliminates the need for sunglasses

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I wear a Fulmer full face helmet. It has a small groove in the lining where the arms of my glasses fit. One other consideration is to use glasses with straight arms like genuine US Military aviator glasses from Randolph Engineering or something similar. They are easier to put on if you don't have to work a curved arm around the padding and over your ears. Having said that, helmet movement while riding can skew my glasses around uncomfortably at times. What to do, spend money on bikes or spend it on Lasik? Tough call!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wear glasses when I ride at night and the HD FF stealth is real comfortable plenty of room .I really like my ICON mainframe but its pretty awkward when I'm wearing glasses .

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
the FF helmets with larger cheek pade will give you troubles ie. arai, suomy, agv. You can still get these to work, but when I wear my arai I have 1 pait of glasses that will squeeze into place with it on.

·
Bad luck depository
545 Posts
I wear a FF and switch between sunglasses and safety glass (day/night) both have the straight frames and fit great with my helmet. I have HD sunglasses, like them because of thin frame and can see out the side when I turn my head to change lanes, dont know if this will help but the numbers on the side are: HDS 469 GUN-3 63 17-127, they were $35.
My perscripton glasses (which I hardly ever wear) are Nike flexon frames (NIKE 4067 200) with straight frames and also fit well.

·
Banned
787 Posts
I use the Schuberth C2 modular helmet. It is comfortable, aerodynamic, easy on and off over the glasses, great venting, and has a built in tinted sun visor that retracts up inside the helmet. I love mine!

·
Tribal Blades
110 Posts
I wear a Shoei RF1000 FF. I just put the helmet on then slide my glasses on. They go on easy without any issues. Just got in from a 110 mile ride. No problems with helmet/ear stems.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Modular is the way to go with glasses. I just smashed up my hjc cl max, I liked the helmet but the latch wasn't the best. I think i'm going to try a nolan n-com next.:moped:

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! Great feedback folks! Glad to know I am not the only one with this problem. Thanks for all the great answers. Definitely gives me a place to start!

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
I've been down this path and solved it with a Nolan modular. The first one I had was the Nolan 100E. It fit easily over the glasses but I would suffer from sunglare in some situations (riding into the sun during late afternoon). I had thought that transitional lenses would darken but the face shield blocks enough UV rays to prevent that change from taking place. I replaced that helmet with Nolan 102 n-com which has the flip down sun visor and its great. No more eyeglass or sunglare problems :). The Schuberth's and the Caberg Justissimo are the only other ones that I know to have the flip down sunshields but I'm sure some other brands may have added that feature since the last time I checked.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i have no probllems with my sunglasses under any of my helmets but will admit that its faster and easier with the modular ones i have .. i wear my suomy most and its not modular but have no problems with my sunnies under it .. i guess the pest thing to do is go try them on .. that is what i did.. and i wouldnt feel bad about holding ppl up .. what its an extra 45 seconds or so ? better to be able to see and hold ppl up a couple seconds than not be able to and be unsafe

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
Switch to contacts.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
I wear sunglasses all the time with my FF me newest helmet has groves in it for your sunglasses.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts