Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the Day at 11am with Pascal (Hence to be known as the Angry French Man) at the Diavel expo up near the crest,

Beautiful examples or pure art.

Even one for the grouches.

Than off to the desert. If I had a Shovel I would have 1st hit him with it then dug a hole and buried him

After a time in the desert it was up to the forest 8000ft up

Then on the way down a coffee in the middle of the forest and another surprising array of perfection.

Then with a few hours of sunlight left off to Malibu Beach and ride a few canyons and Meet up with the tall girl have a snack on the water..

Later it was off to Hollywood for some Sushi with the tall girl. A Nice 217 miles day.

Attachments

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man !!...can u ride all year long there ??? (without looking like the michelin man is wot I mean)
Tony called me FAT!!! (Yes can ride 95% of the time, rains a few days here and there late Dec-Early Feb. The forrest area that is 8000 feet up is home to a Ski lodge so after Nov-March its snowing at as low as 3000ft sometimes so thats a no go)
But come April you can ride with the snow on the roadsides and ride by while people are skiing etc...

BUT Its a terrible place to live, ask anyone who doesn't live here, They are all experts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Started the Day at 11am with Pascal (Hence to be known as the Angry French Man) at the Diavel expo up near the crest,

Beautiful examples or pure art.

Than off to the desert. If I had a Shovel I would have 1st hit him with it then dug a hole and buried him

angry, moi? I love to ride 30 miles of freeway in traffic just to look at people set up a Ducati Tshirt stand. Hope we do it again soon.

·
Banned
744 Posts
angry, moi? I love to ride 30 miles of freeway in traffic just to look at people set up a Ducati Tshirt stand. Hope we do it again soon.
it's funny how people leave the details out, just to make themselves look/feel good.
sad really!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Traffic? Is that what they call it now when one gets Lost, again, even with GPS on their vehicle and shows up 25 minutes late?

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
If CALI had NYC, it would be the perfect place to live...I wouldn't even give my boss a two weeks notice.

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
Those roads are some of my favoriet. Looking at this pic makes me wonder:

How do you ride those roads and keep that thing so upright? Looking at your rear tire (chicken stripes) makes me wonder if you have a secret sidecar that you detach for pics. :)

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's funny how people leave the details out, just to make themselves look/feel good.
sad really!
Once again it's as if you where there, so brilliant, so intuitive so Right On The Money. (oh and once again, so Wrong, Sad really, your little "Agenda"). Are you Able to actually hold down steady work or do you get some kind of state/Fed compensation?

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
If CALI had NYC, it would be the perfect place to live...I wouldn't even give my boss a two weeks notice.
The only reason I am still in NY and not Cali is because of family ties. NY state sucks and NYC is way overrated. Gray not warm most of the year is just not appealing.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only reason I am still in NY and not Cali is because of family ties. NY state sucks and NYC is way overrated. Gray not warm most of the year is just not appealing.
I just go back once or twice a year to see them (Or they come here), NYC isn't the same as it was when I lived thee in the mid 80's to early 90's. I came out here thinking I would go back one day, its almost 20 years ago.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You're welcome - but wait - I hadnt even posted anything yet:D
Here are a few unretouched (not color enhanced) pictures from the ride yesterday :

Attachments

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
That's a new rear tire (not the Picts in snow, that was the last tire) well, it's got 5500-6000 miles on it now
You SURE that you maybe didn't trailer it up there for the pics?? That tire looks mighty new on the sides for having been over that mountan. Back in my sport bike days, I'd eat up a set of tires in one weekend on those roads. :moon:

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
OMG! A persoanlized tag, say it ain't so....:stilpoke:

Nice pics
Gotta say this, hung out an HD/Ducatti dealer Saturday. Love the "look" of those bikes, the Monster 1100 is sexy, but not so impressed with the mechanical, sound like a freakin thrashing machine. Still, glad I left the AMEX home, the wife would shoot me if I bought another new vehicle this year.
Keep the pics coming Lux, at least some of us can dream about Cali

1 - 20 of 27 Posts