Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been reading posts on here for a while now, but have never actually posted. I am planning on installing a v&h 2 into 1 on my bike shortly as I have been looking for a good 2 into 1 and it seems like it adds a nice sound, but not too much. I called the dealer and they recommended flashing the ecm, but I have been reading on here a lot about the fuelpak. The dealer wants to charge $689 for the pipes, $80 for a SE filter, and then roughly$250.00 for the ecm flash/install. My worry is that they do not dyno the bike and also that I would have to have them change it if I modify anything later. Is there any benefit to the ecm flash? or am i better off just getting the fuelpak and doing the work myself? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just installed a 2in1, with a Fuelpak & SE filter on my R. The dealer did reflash the ecm for aftermarket exhaust because the bike had a flat spot @ 50-55 mph in 5th gear. I had hollow points on at the time. I tried running the bike w/o the Fuelpak and it ran like crap. I set the Fuelpak as V&H and the bike runs strong and sounds great. For shits and giggles I changed modes 1,9 &17 per remimo's post on 8/22/07. The bike seemed to lose some mid range, so I'm putting it back to the original settings.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Can someone tell me a bit about the fuelpak? The dealer installed one on my bike from new. I know nothing about it and I sort of feel neither do they. Is it adjustable and if so how?

Oh and where does it live?

·
Registered
117 Posts
do not do the ecm flash. I let the dealer talk me into doing for my deuce and it is crap. spend the money on a fuel management system that you can adjust over time. It is much smarter.

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
the fuelpak and ECM flash will not beat a SERT and a propper tune or a VRFID. If you plan on making future mods the VRFID is the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
bkervaski said:
I know you can get a flash to take the RPM limiter to 9500... Anyone done that?
You can do it with the SERT and VRFID too. People been doing that for a long time now. But there is really no need on a stock motor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it worth getting a sert if all I plan on adding at this time is the pipe? Or will I be okay with the fuelpak. Without the dealer doing the ecm is it easy enough for me to just do the install myself? I have a complete shop where I work so I can't see it being that hard.

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
BrianVRSCR said:
the fuelpak and ECM flash will not beat a SERT and a propper tune or a VRFID. If you plan on making future mods the VRFID is the only way to go.
I have to agree with BrianVRSCR. Go with the SERT or even better the VRFID and forget the flash and fuel pack. And welcome to the forum.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Spend the $250 on a PCIII instead of the flash.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the V&H 2:1 (love the sound by the way) SE Air and PCIII.

Works on my bike great.

However, VRFID sounds interesting, didn't know they made one, guess I've been living under a rock.

About how much do they cost and where is the best place to get a VRFID>

My BMW KR has a self adjusting ECM and I have made many mods to the bike, Dual Evoluzione Racing Air filters, Remus can, etc and the ECM adjusts the tuning to the changes and off I go, easier then screwing around with the PCIII and having to remap after every change.

Is that how the VRFID works too?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
BrianVRSCR said:
VRFID=closed loop replacement ECM that allows the bike to self tune. PS, the PCIIIusb is $hit
My PCIII USB Shit works just fine for $700 less than a VRFID:moon: And so do the other 1 million PC's in population.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
The VRFID is a pretty awesome system. It requires welding bungs on your headers for 02 sensors. You can get it through Daytona Twintec.

I have a PCIII, but I am going to switch over to an SERT with a Twinscan II+ monitoring system. I like having the adjustability.

You can use the Twinscan II+ with any fuel management system. It provides the feedback you need to make adjustments to your fuel management system. It comes with the VRFID system.

http://www.daytona-twintec.com/

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
Spaz said:
My PCIII USB Shit works just fine for $700 less than a VRFID:moon: And so do the other 1 million PC's in population.
How do you figure $700 less. The PC is $200-$400 depending on where you but and the group buy on the VRFID was $650. So, I only figure $200-400 less at the most. I had a 2 PCs on my bike. One burn up. I got it replaced and sold it. Another member had one burn up and it fried his electrical system.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
:notworth: Whatever you say Ace!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I'm running a PCIII and it's running just fine. The biggest problem with them is the water intrusion into the connectors. If you run topless, you'll find the room you need, but that's alot of crap to cram onboard the bike. I'm looking forward to changing to the Race Tuner and Twinscan II +

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
rjrivero said:
I'm running a PCIII and it's running just fine. The biggest problem with them is the water intrusion into the connectors. If you run topless, you'll find the room you need, but that's alot of crap to cram onboard the bike. I'm looking forward to changing to the Race Tuner and Twinscan II +
Mine went under the rear seat on the R so no big problem there. I do not believe it ever got wet either. It was only 3 months old when it died. They warrantied it out and then I sold it. Smoothrod was the one telling me about the bike catching fire with the PC 3.

Spaz said:
:notworth: Whatever you say Ace!
I was just wondeirng where you got your #'s from? I didn't understand where the $700 came from. I guess it doesn't matter since you don't want to explain.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.