Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wasted $40.00!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 VRSCD, K&N HighFlow Air filter/Topless, Samson Short Slashers, Vance&Hines FuelPak Version12. I've tried FP2121,FP2253 AND FINALLY FP0632 it seems to work but still not perfect. Does anyone have a suggestion or other map code,Thks.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Hey Breeze, I know you posted this in the D section, but I moved it here so it would hopefully get some more visability.

Ok, can anyone help this guy? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fuelpak Maps

My view on this device is that it would be better if you were able to understand what the various modes represent. To a degree I can understand V&H view on this, however if they won't support their product, why buy it.

I find it bewildering that the Fuelpak site states:

"Once Fuelpak is installed, locate your fuel map from the setting chart provided or look it up here. Next, wth the ignition turned on, enter the values for your specific map directly into Fuelpak and calibrate your TPS (throttle position sensor). Finally, shut off the ignition, put the cover back on and you're ready to ride. That's the beauty of Fuelpak, you don't need to use a computer or tune on a dyno because the settings you enter are the result of our extensive dyno and road testing to find the ideal fuel map for your American V-Twin."

Sounds so simple, What a load of crap, this may be true in a perfect V&H world, use other brand exhaust etc and you are better with HD OEM ECM. These guys are confusing marketing and reality here.

And another advertising feat:

"As shown in this [Click to open] illustration, your stock air/fuel ratio runs just slightly lean, however, when you install an aftermarket exhaust, that ratio changes, becoming even leaner. The white dashed line reflects the baseline air/fuel ratio and where you want to be for optimum throttle response. Unlike other fuel management systems that can only add fuel, Fuelpak adds and takes away fuel, allowing for a more precise range of refinement in your air/fuel ratio. Designed and manufactured entirely in-house, our technical staff is constantly at work developing custom fuel maps for popular brands"

Precise if you know wihch Mode does what I guess and Only if everything you use is V&H. Take a look at the site and map datbase, up dates are very old.

I found tech support to be helpful only if you asked once, any more and they just plain rude don't respond. I would suggest based on this and many other forums that the ThunderMax is the go.

I don't trust the V&H product and I find it offensive that V&H will take my money yet not provide support when their product does not work any better than OEM, in fact it caused more problems than I had before installing it.

Like anything in life I guess you get what you pay for, and Fuelpak fits that bill. I would never recommend this product to anyone.

I'm surprised no one has sued them for false advertising.

My apologies for bleeding my frustrated guts out, but I can't stand arrogance and rudeness from a supplier that "stole"my hard earned cash.

I'll try the TMax or Daytona Auto tuners from here on.

Cheers,

Marto - Australia

QUOTE=brockstwrt;1636633]I use 0632 with my vmods, runs good. A few pops here and there but I'm happy with the performance.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
180 Posts
My view on this device is that it would be better if you were able to understand what the various modes represent. To a degree I can understand V&H view on this, however if they won't support their product, why buy it.

I find it bewildering that the Fuelpak site states:

"Once Fuelpak is installed, locate your fuel map from the setting chart provided or look it up here. Next, wth the ignition turned on, enter the values for your specific map directly into Fuelpak and calibrate your TPS (throttle position sensor). Finally, shut off the ignition, put the cover back on and you're ready to ride. That's the beauty of Fuelpak, you don't need to use a computer or tune on a dyno because the settings you enter are the result of our extensive dyno and road testing to find the ideal fuel map for your American V-Twin."

Sounds so simple, What a load of crap, this may be true in a perfect V&H world, use other brand exhaust etc and you are better with HD OEM ECM. These guys are confusing marketing and reality here.

And another advertising feat:

"As shown in this [Click to open] illustration, your stock air/fuel ratio runs just slightly lean, however, when you install an aftermarket exhaust, that ratio changes, becoming even leaner. The white dashed line reflects the baseline air/fuel ratio and where you want to be for optimum throttle response. Unlike other fuel management systems that can only add fuel, Fuelpak adds and takes away fuel, allowing for a more precise range of refinement in your air/fuel ratio. Designed and manufactured entirely in-house, our technical staff is constantly at work developing custom fuel maps for popular brands"

Precise if you know wihch Mode does what I guess and Only if everything you use is V&H. Take a look at the site and map datbase, up dates are very old.

I found tech support to be helpful only if you asked once, any more and they just plain rude don't respond. I would suggest based on this and many other forums that the ThunderMax is the go.

I don't trust the V&H product and I find it offensive that V&H will take my money yet not provide support when their product does not work any better than OEM, in fact it caused more problems than I had before installing it.

Like anything in life I guess you get what you pay for, and Fuelpak fits that bill. I would never recommend this product to anyone.

I'm surprised no one has sued them for false advertising.

My apologies for bleeding my frustrated guts out, but I can't stand arrogance and rudeness from a supplier that "stole"my hard earned cash.

I'll try the TMax or Daytona Auto tuners from here on.

Cheers,

Marto - Australia

QUOTE=brockstwrt;1636633]I use 0632 with my vmods, runs good. A few pops here and there but I'm happy with the performance.
[/QUOTE]

vrod nz,here i run vmods kn,toppliss,v\h,fuelpack,map0632,few pops here and there,but pulls hard from bottom to top :):):):):):)yeeha

·
It's Only Money
1,321 Posts
I just followed the instructions and whamo it has been running great ever since. Pretty much plug and play and idiot proof (which is good for idiots like me).

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Fuelpak

Mine runs great called for assistance and got help right away. Bike runs,looks and sounds great!:moped:
vrod nz,here i run vmods kn,toppliss,v\h,fuelpack,map0632,few pops here and there,but pulls hard from bottom to top :):):):):):)yeeha[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
279 Posts
My 2013 runs great with v&h fuel pak and slip on's was a simple mod exhaust fuel pak and air filter took 1.5 hours to perform and never had a problem. Runs great plugs look good, Can't complain and would buy again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts