Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 09 Muscle leftover. This is my second VRod (06 StreetRod)...I have just broken the 100mi mark as it has been at the dealer loner than in my garage. It has already had the instrument cluster replaced, fuel sending unit replaced, new front tire, and has been back twice for what I will call a fueling issue. Basically the bike felt like it was "missing" at steady throttle...everything seemed ok at WOT. The first time it was diagnosed as a kinked fuel line...which the dealer rerouted. This definitely improved the problem but it still didnt feel right...at steady throttle in the lower rpm range I still had the same issue. It went back again and they claimed to "fix it" without much of an explaination. Well it is exactly still the same...so is anyone aware of a factory "mapping" issue? If so, is their a fix or do I need to get a tuner and some dyno time? I don't remember any issues on my 06. If not, any idea what this can be??? Thanx

·
Registered
818 Posts
I recently bought an 09 Muscle leftover. This is my second VRod (06 StreetRod)...I have just broken the 100mi mark as it has been at the dealer loner than in my garage. It has already had the instrument cluster replaced, fuel sending unit replaced, new front tire, and has been back twice for what I will call a fueling issue. Basically the bike felt like it was "missing" at steady throttle...everything seemed ok at WOT. The first time it was diagnosed as a kinked fuel line...which the dealer rerouted. This definitely improved the problem but it still didnt feel right...at steady throttle in the lower rpm range I still had the same issue. It went back again and they claimed to "fix it" without much of an explaination. Well it is exactly still the same...so is anyone aware of a factory "mapping" issue? If so, is their a fix or do I need to get a tuner and some dyno time? I don't remember any issues on my 06. If not, any idea what this can be??? Thanx
Yep common problem both with the bike and dealers. Fixed but same issue that seems never to get fixed. I have a bunch of posts as a few others do about the same problem. Check under PC thread heading in the EFI section.

You have the hesitation/burble between 3 to 4 K I would suspect. Every dealer service writer I have spoke with, and it has been a bunch (at least 6 different states), no one admits to EVER having heard of a problem with the Muscle's about a hesitation/burble/pop. So if it was not for this site I would have thought that I had the only one with a problem.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Bad fuel injectors. I chased that problem for a year until I got the H-D regional supertechnician to diagnose it.

Call the factory. They will send the rep.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad fuel injectors. I chased that problem for a year until I got the H-D regional supertechnician to diagnose it.

Call the factory. They will send the rep.
Dr. Dave,

I think this may be the issue...the bike is going in to the dealership again this week. This will be the third time and based on it happening in a much broader rpm range as well as being dependent on the throttle input I have my doubts that it is due to lean factory mapping. Although the mapping my be compounding the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts