Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so since the v rod is high compression we should use high octane fuel but with a 3-5 gal tank if you use a pump with only the one hose for multi grade pumps by the time the high octane fuel has replaced the fuel left from the car before you assuming they did not get premium you only get 20% premium.

so do go to the gas station and get behind some one that is getting premium add an octane booster, get regular or you never think about

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
My 02 never takes 3 gal unless I push it into the gas station. Yes I have done that.

After 55 k miles I am more conserned with my credit card approval. I hit 93 and pump.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but at that point unless the customer that had just left that pump you are not getting what you pay for

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
You guys worry too much. Stock Revolution is very detonation resistant and that slight variation in octane for overall tank refill won't effect it. All I've ever run during tuning and since has been 91. Never had a knock event during tuning and never broke out into a cold sweat on what grade is in the hose come fill up time. Racing or built engines it would be a bit more important.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Your life must be hell if you have to worry about things like this.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
What really pisses me off is the 10% Ethanol I pay for that screws everthing up and I didn't order.

Short storey; I herniated L4 disk tring to start a Mercury outboard. The EPA Ethanol fuel tank had no vent and the pressure forced fuel into the lower piston freezing it up. Direct sun 94+

1 - 12 of 12 Posts