1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
3.7 gallons

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
I was gonna say it was the larger tank, but I realized the rear tire was larger than the 05's.

Jim

·
Registered
101 Posts
2005 and 2006 have the 3.7 gallon. Get the 5 gallon aftermarket tank, pushing a Vrod is no fun.

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
I'm in the market for an aftermarket tank, and after my research, the only "CON" for the Rick's Tank (I don't have one yet...) is the price. Over $200 more than its competitor, however, as with anything else "you get what you pay for".

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I'm in the market for an aftermarket tank, and after my research, the only "CON" for the Rick's Tank (I don't have one yet...) is the price. Over $200 more than its competitor, however, as with anything else "you get what you pay for".
Have you checked the group buy section? There was one going on a while back with the price being $ 490.00 shipped.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143364

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
I have actually. I'm waiting for someone to take charge and start the organization. I'm a Navy pilot, and I don't have much free time on my hands, or I'd take the bull by the horns. Price is right, just need someone to step forward and take charge.

·
Registered
480 Posts
D mac05, nice bike. I love the color.

The last time I rode I rode over 5 miles with no bars showing on my guage.

I thought for sure I was going to have to push it, but I made it to a gas station. I was able to fit 3.25 gallons in. The most ever.

Someday I'll get a bigger tank.

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Thanks Timrod, yeah that's pushing it! I'll be getting a new tank soon, just don't know which just yet. Probably Rick's specifically because I want to do the Key Mod, moving it to the forward position, and use a push button for the seat latch (already ordered the parts from Zanotti's).

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I sure be interested in hearing your version of the cons on the Rick's tank. I now have 4 and certainly haven't experienced any.
I'm not going to get into any tank wars as this has been hashed out more than once on the site. Both tanks have negatives and positives depending on how your bike is set up and what you want to accomplish with any change. All the information is available.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks Timrod, yeah that's pushing it! I'll be getting a new tank soon, just don't know which just yet. Probably Rick's specifically because I want to do the Key Mod, moving it to the forward position, and use a push button for the seat latch (already ordered the parts from Zanotti's).
Whatever tank you get, do the Digital Guard Dog mod and you can ditch the key forever. I did it about 4 years ago and love it. Just get on and ride!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I have actually. I'm waiting for someone to take charge and start the organization. I'm a Navy pilot, and I don't have much free time on my hands, or I'd take the bull by the horns. Price is right, just need someone to step forward and take charge.
Hey contact Rick's Motorcycles directly and tell them you are with the V Rod forum and you may be able to get them to sell you one at $490.
Thats the price we got at the last GB.
Its worth a shot.

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Hey contact Rick's Motorcycles directly and tell them you are with the V Rod forum and you may be able to get them to sell you one at $490.
Thats the price we got at the last GB.
Its worth a shot.
And that "it's worth a shot" payed off. He told me $490 shipped. Buying one real soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
3.7 gal tank for 2006 vrscse factory manual and any other specs will tell u the same and when all bars are gone off digital gauge I've rode for another 20 miles and mine is heavily mod so mileage isn't as good as factory. Hope this helps!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts