Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pete K
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for tool other than harley (kent-moore) i have been waiting 4 months for backordered tool . any tip would be appreciated

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Make one!Go to Home Depot and Buy a piece of PVC in the same diameter.Get your little Ban Saw or what ever and notch the teeth in your self.Leave it tall enough to put a breaker Bar or some thing to turn it and your set! :kaz:

·
Pete K
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i will give it a try need about 6 in inside diameter the local hardware store only had 4 in. i will look harder for 6 in. pipe

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
6 inch?..good luck!
that might be special order pipe at most hardware stores, if it is anything like rigid pipe most stores will only stock up to 4 inch.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You might want to look around at mechanic tool shops. I know that several of the auto OEMs use the mason jar lid on their tanks. Ford for one...

-Bry

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
You wouldnt believe the tools you can make to replace the 'HD Special' tools. Where theres a will theres a way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
what are you trying to do when you get it off? and do you know how to do it properly? if not you could damage (kink) the plastic fuel lines. also care must be take on reinstalling as a position tab/notch can be damaged too.

HD

·
Pete K
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i need to replace fuel guage sending unit. i have the service manual and plenty of time, i just cant locate tool. i dont want to get impatient and break anything. the winter boredom is getting to me.

·
Pete K
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I decided to take a second look in home depot's pipe section. I found apiece of 5 and a half inch (reducer i think). I took a shot and fabbed a tool in 15 minutes. If anybody is in a similar pickle do not order $100 tool. It was abreeze to make! Thanks guys for the motivation.

·
4,638 Posts
pete kane.... The tool man.... :thumb: :thumb: :cheers:

·
Vroddin' Madman
271 Posts
Heh heh - Cheers!! :biker:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
your welcome! :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts