Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· AMF
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 3 weeks now since I received the letter about the fuel module flange. The day after I received, I called the dealer and was put on a "list" that they said they would call when parts arrive. Has anybody had thier bike fixed on this yet ??

I now have a oil leak from my rear head gasket and am taking the bike in for that repair. They said hopefully that parts would come in while they have it.

Also posted this in V-Twin

· AMF
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took my bike in Saturday for the head gasket repair and still no parts in stock. The dealer says he has received no parts for anyone yet. The service manager told me they got a letter from HD one day before we got our letters. I asked him if I called HD would it do any good to complain ?? YES

I think that every one of us that has the letter should start calling HD to complain. I cannot understand why HD would notify owners about this problem and not have parts available. If we start bitching maybe it would speed things up.

· AMF
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Contacted Harley customer service this am (414-343-4056). Waited on hold for 8 minutes and as the line started ringing, I got hung up on. Called right back and got thru immediately. Spoke with Shawn, he informed me that the parts are on backorder but they are shipping 500 per week around the country to dealers. I told him my bike would be down in the shop for about 2 weeks for the headgasket repair and would like to make sure that the dealer gets parts to fix while it is down. He basically told me no guarantee on parts to my particular dealer.

Just wanted to let everybody know what MoCo said.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.