Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
I took mine for it 3 weeks ago.
I learned from this forum about it before my HD dealer.
They flashed my ECM telling me it was the SE filter making her lean and gave it back to me with the same symptoms. They wanted $180 FOR THE DOWNLOAD. I did not pay, of course. Since then the Race Tuner, the 28t pulley, new drag bars, and chain cover have arrived. I do not have a bike to play with because it is at the stealer waiting on the %$&#!^g pump.

· Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
This dealer is the only authorized HD on the island. I will discuss the temp fix with them. It almost makes me wish for my warranty to expire. Maybe if I pay to have it fixed off warranty I will have a motorcycle to play with. Had read about the easy fix somewhere but still trusted them to be quick. Maybe they are keeping it so the warranty WILL expire.
Then you may see the quickest install and removal of Rizoma bars ever.

· Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
I'll bitch!
If any of you know. I now have to take it out of the dealer and do the baseline dyno before I install anything else. If the Race Tuner is installed somewhere besides the dealer, will this void the warranty? Do you think I should have installed by the dealer? I bought it from them so if they %$&#!^ it up they have to fix it, right?

· Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Thank you Max!
I guess I will try them again for the RT.
I know they have done the installation before without complaint from the customer. Bike runs great.

I would just prefer a person to help me tune it. If I cannot get anyone I guess I will be discussing the results as I go here in the forum for some intelligent feedback from any of you guys willing to help out. Will learn it on my own if I have to.

Will post a thread about dynos, there are several on the market, would make for an interesting discussion. For what they charge, I guess some here, in retrospect, would have been better off having one on the backyard. KAZ comes to mind.:notworthy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.