Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
eduarprmd my understanding is that they can fix the flange with a repair until they get parts. The temp fix is fairly simple and quick to do and I would think that HD would pay the bill for the temp fix.

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
eduarprmd these seem to be a dealer by dealer issue. My dealer told me a pcr III or just about any other mods were ok but a race tuner would void the warranty while other dealers I called said it would not void the warranty. I really don't think that there is anything in black and white and from years of dealing with auto warranty in a court of law it usually would have to be proven that it was the part you changed that caused the failure directly before they would be off the hook for the repairs.

The dealer I work for had to go to court for an exploded LS1 engine that had NOS and Headers with all the O2 sensors disabled and drag slicks on the car with drop out exhaust. The judge ruled that GM was liable for the engine and the court cost. The burden of proof that the mods caused the damage fell on GM and the court felt they did not prove their case. So I take all there claims of voiding my warranty like a grain of salt.

Max

· Color me Gone
27,325 Posts
urprey the PCM on everything made after 96 is obd II complient and codes are stored in the PCM even if power goes down to the battery. The only way to clear the codes is with a tech II or any other form of scan tool. If the light is on all the time the odds are that you have a hard failure. The nice thing about obd II is that the car won't go into limp in mode when the light comes on as older models did. It simply disables the failed system and runs with the best data it can. Usually unless it is something like a P0300 or P1811 you won't even know there is a problem if the light were not on. You might want to get the codes read if your under 80k miles as we see tons of cat low effiecency codes on those things and the cats are covered 8/80 under warranty.

Max

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.