Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon guys. I wanted to thank the group for a the help I’ve received from the forum. I have another question what is a good fuel to use to get the most out of my muscle? Do you guys use additives? Is there one place better than the other to purchase fuel. And what octane? So for the questions but I asked everyone from friends to the dealership. Thanks

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Afternoon guys. I wanted to thank the group for a the help I’ve received from the forum. I have another question what is a good fuel to use to get the most out of my muscle? Do you guys use additives? Is there one place better than the other to purchase fuel. And what octane? So for the questions but I asked everyone from friends to the dealership. Thanks
91 is plenty. Less then that it might ping and a higher octane will not give more power unless timing is increased to make up for the slightly slower burn rate. Otherwise increased octane will offer sightly less power all things being equal, although the internet will feed you a big line of bs saying otherwise by people that have no first hand experience. Buying fuel, well best to buy from a place that has a good turn over with fresh deliveries all the time. The only real additive that's useful would be something like Sea Foam. Not for so called performance but for cleaning carbon off of valves and pistons. Hope this helps.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts