Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Hawk
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
Walbro, Accell, Edlebrock sell them. Walbro seems to be a favorite and Richard at RCC can probably sell you one. Don't know the part numbers but they are the round cylindrical automotive type. Some are a little bigger around than others but you just have to expand the bracket that holds them to make it fit. The stock pumps run at 60# and the injectors are flowing at a max of 15 grams/sec.

Mike
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
The stock fuel pump is a major overkill as it is. Not sure what your trying to fuel but you are probably good with the stock pump for almost all applications you could think of.
 

·
RICK
Joined
·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm At The Max On Several Parameters Tuning This Bike. Nick Trask Advised Me I Would Need A Different Pump At About 215hp-i'm Just Under That And Running Out Of Fuel. I'm Going To Change The Pump To Help My Fuel Starving At Higher Rpms.
 

·
Friend of Max.
Joined
·
21,719 Posts
Max said:
The stock fuel pump is a major overkill as it is. Not sure what your trying to fuel but you are probably good with the stock pump for almost all applications you could think of.
RNTRACING said:
I'm At The Max On Several Parameters Tuning This Bike. Nick Trask Advised Me I Would Need A Different Pump At About 215hp-i'm Just Under That And Running Out Of Fuel. I'm Going To Change The Pump To Help My Fuel Starving At Higher Rpms.
Rick, sounds like you're making some crazy SICK bikes.
 

·
Autobanmod
Joined
·
9,908 Posts
RNTRACING said:
I'm At The Max On Several Parameters Tuning This Bike. Nick Trask Advised Me I Would Need A Different Pump At About 215hp-i'm Just Under That And Running Out Of Fuel. I'm Going To Change The Pump To Help My Fuel Starving At Higher Rpms.
Stock injectors?
What fuel pressure have you adjusted?
With destroyer injectors I had no problems at all to reach 180 RWHP and there is plenty of timing left it seems to me.
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
lbrown said:
the stock fuel pump is only good for about 150 hp.
A stock destroyer which makes 160-170 hp uses the same pump with higher flow injectors. I have never heard of a stock pump failing even in a destroyer to produce those numbers either. With the Boss NOS on a destroyer I watched one run 200hp with the same pump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,103 Posts
Max said:
A stock destroyer which makes 160-170 hp uses the same pump with higher flow injectors. I have never heard of a stock pump failing even in a destroyer to produce those numbers either. With the Boss NOS on a destroyer I watched one run 200hp with the same pump.
i can only go with my experience. when we started working on our v-rod in 03 and built a 88 in motor the stock injectors couldn`t supply enough fuel for 160 hp . we were running 100 percent duty cycle at 8500. the only thing i could do was to up fuel pressure.( destroyer injectors weren`t available in 03) but the stock fuel pump wouldn`t maintain the higher fuel pressure past 8000 rpm so we had to replace it with a bigger pump from kinsler. also i have had a destoyer on our dyno and it made 153 hp. we run the destroyer injectors now with the big fuel pump. the injectors are only running 85% duty cycle now at 9000 and 170 hp. i still think the stock pump is marginal over 150 hp. i saw hp pulls at 160 hp with stock injectors and fuel pump but it was running a/f in the 14.0`s and leaner with no way to add more fuel. also testing witn an inertia only dyno the hp numbers can be very good at an extremely lean a/f but it won`t run like it should at the track.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top