Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2114 v rod fuel pump relay pulsing rapidly and wont start.if i wait until it stops pulsing the bike starts.fuel pressure good but pulses slightly until relay settles.tried new relay,still happens.suspect fuel pump but looking for input.30000km.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
2114 v rod fuel pump relay pulsing rapidly and wont start.if i wait until it stops pulsing the bike starts.fuel pressure good but pulses slightly until relay settles.tried new relay,still happens.suspect fuel pump but looking for input.30000km.
The VRSC bikes don't have a fuel pump relay. I'm assuming you mean the SYSTEM relay. This relay powers the ignition coils, fuel injectors, and fuel pump.

Do you have any trouble codes related to this relay? (E.g., P1001, P1002, P1003, or P1004). This post explains how to read and clear codes.

This relay is controlled by the ECM and shouldn't pulse. In normal operation the relay stays on as long as the ECM sees engine rotation signals from the crank position sensor indicating the engine is cranking or running. The ECM will deenergize the relay if the RUN/STOP switch is set to STOP or the engine stops running. I'd check the RUN/STOP switch wiring (white with black stripe wire fed by gray wire from IGNITION fuse) and the SYSTEM relay control wire (green with orange stripe wire that runs from the relay to ECM pin #4). You should also check the blue with gray stripe wire from the ECM fuse that supplies the power that the SYSTEM relay controls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.