Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a vrscb i crushed the rear light bulb by accident and now the bike turns over but want start i cant hear the fuel pump. All relays and fuses are good . Any ideas how to fix?????????

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
no mate, I'm afraid you need to buy a new bike.
Make sure you get an A model, my own rear light bulb works since 2002 :D

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
yea well you done went and done it now! you broke the farkin' thang..........looks like you'll need a new one.

not trying to be a smartazz but you shoud go to the search tab at the top of the page and type in "fuel pump" i'd imagine after a little reading you'll be on the right track to fix it.
theres an inertia switch someplace and the ecm will shut the fuel off if the bike gets so far over or upside down. good luck.

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
conway, did you install a different seat or rear fender or did you move that electric module underneath the passenger seat?
Did you measure voltage at the terminals of the electric power supply to the fuel pump?
Error messages of the electronic control module?
Even with engine cranking it could be that the battery voltage is too low for propper operation of the injector solenoids and/or ignition coils.
Simple things first.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
i have a vrscb i crushed the rear light bulb by accident and now the bike turns over but want start i cant hear the fuel pump. All relays and fuses are good . Any ideas how to fix?????????
I don't see how any light or accessory power circuit would affect the fuel pump but when a light bulb shorts out the arc to ground can cause a lot of problems on unrelated circuits. Unfortunately I can't help much from what you've posted especially since you say all relays and fuses are good..

What rear light bulb did you crush?
Did you fix what you crushed?
Are there any DTCs? (IOW, is the security light or check engine light lit? If so go here to see how to read and clear the DTCs)
How do you know that all relays and fuses are good?

You can try swapping the FAN and SYSTEM relays but you say the relays are good and the rear lights shouldn't affect the SYSTEM relay so it's a long shot.

You could also check to see if there's 12 V on pin number 1 of the fuel flange electrical connector when you turn the ignition on. (It should be "hot" for about 2 to 3 seconds after you turn the ignition on). If you disconnect this connector to measure voltage you'll set a B1005 code (fuel sender open/high) that will need to be cleared when you're done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The brake light bulb . And it did short and arc. Have replaced and bulb and working fine now.
codes
61121 61122 wicth is right and left signal
pn68922-00c alarm module
pn67308-05 speedo cluster

i can clear both signal codes but the ohter 2 keep flashing

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
Did you install the module exactly the same way as before or did you move it to a different location?
It could be that you triggered the safety cirquit of the bank angle sensor. Module thinks that the bike crashed and switches off the engine.
Next step would be to pull the main fuse or disconnect the battery for a couple of seconds.
Re-evaluate any workstep you did on the bike lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts