Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Power commander died a little while ago and am thinking about installing a Fuel pack as its replacement BUT:
I found a install procedure that puts the FP under the passenger pillion.
I do not know how big the FP is but there is no way it is going to fit under my pillion. I run mostly stock with no mods under the pillion and I have a hard time re-installing the pillion as is.
So what is the deal here? How can I add the FP under the pillion if there is barely room for the stock stuff?

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
My Power commander died a little while ago and am thinking about installing a Fuel pack as its replacement BUT:
I found a install procedure that puts the FP under the passenger pillion.
I do not know how big the FP is but there is no way it is going to fit under my pillion. I run mostly stock with no mods under the pillion and I have a hard time re-installing the pillion as is.
So what is the deal here? How can I add the FP under the pillion if there is barely room for the stock stuff?
Why not just replace the PC?
Ron

·
Registered
826 Posts
I dont know which fuel pack you are getting. But it will fit under the pillion. Well the first one they came out w/will. I had trouble with mines and sent it back only later I found my issue was with a bad coil to spark plug connection.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not just replace the PC?
Ron
Very good question Rn.
They don't make the PC3 anymore and the newer ones seem to have a degree of user involvement that I am not capable of of don't want to take the energy to learn. I guess I am getting to old for this stuff.
My desire is plug and go. No messing around that is why I would get a new PC3 if I could fine one. I already have maps that work just fine for my life style.
PC5 is latest but I have not seen anyplace where the PC3 maps are compatible with it.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Very good question Rn.
They don't make the PC3 anymore and the newer ones seem to have a degree of user involvement that I am not capable of of don't want to take the energy to learn. I guess I am getting to old for this stuff.
My desire is plug and go. No messing around that is why I would get a new PC3 if I could fine one. I already have maps that work just fine for my life style.
PC5 is latest but I have not seen anyplace where the PC3 maps are compatible with it.
Check out the power commander website. I am sure I saw a converter on there for changing PC3 maps into PC 5. The PC5 is not complicated and is a big improvement over PC3.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron,
Thanks very much for the link to the conversion process and the Video. Much help there. Currently I am running stock pipes but have V-Modded ones I occasionally use when I do not want to hear engine noises. and don't mind loosing my hearing.
You may just have cost me some money.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Ron,
Thanks very much for the link to the conversion process and the Video. Much help there. Currently I am running stock pipes but have V-Modded ones I occasionally use when I do not want to hear engine noises. and don't mind loosing my hearing.
You may just have cost me some money.
I seem to have that effect .
Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts