Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been a lot of talk here about fuel mileage. The last two months I have been averaging about 54 days per gallon. Don`t know why I live here.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I havn't done much burning of the fuel myself.just short hops here and there,but at least I can hop just about anytime I feel like it.
We have another big leak of nastiness from the north heading here for tonight.It's gonna be in the 20's again.This really sucks.It's getting worse every year.Next thing ya know we won't have skys,just that gray shit all you Yankees like.
We still have another solid week or 2 of this winter crap left.:banghead:

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 49. Wind chill values as low as 39. Northwest wind around 11 mph.

Tonight: Patchy frost after 4am. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 20. Wind chill values as low as 11. North wind around 8 mph.

Thursday: Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 49. Wind chill values as low as 10 early. North wind between 8 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Thursday Night: Areas of frost after 1am. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 23. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Friday: Areas of frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 58. North wind around 6 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 31.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I havn't done much burning of the fuel myself.just short hops here and there,but at least I can hop just about anytime I feel like it.
We have another big leak of nastiness from the north heading here for tonight.It's gonna be in the 20's again.This really sucks.It's getting worse every year.Next thing ya know we won't have skys,just that gray shit all you Yankees like.
We still have another solid week or 2 of this winter crap left.:banghead:

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 49. Wind chill values as low as 39. Northwest wind around 11 mph.

Tonight: Patchy frost after 4am. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 20. Wind chill values as low as 11. North wind around 8 mph.

Thursday: Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 49. Wind chill values as low as 10 early. North wind between 8 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Thursday Night: Areas of frost after 1am. Otherwise, clear, with a low around 23. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Friday: Areas of frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 58. North wind around 6 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 31.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
Jesus H Christ, I would give my "Right and Left" nut for temps that U will be having this weekend. And also, U are complaining about two more weeks of winter?! How about three to four more months of winter in this God Forsaken state! I knew I should have moved to the sunshine state.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
going to 70 here on sunday thank god

enough of this 30 degree crapola

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
andrew How about three to four more months of winter in this God Forsaken state[B said:
![/B] I knew I should have moved to the sunshine state.
In the first half of my life I never experienced 4 months of winter totaled up.Now I'm up here in the north,it's been pure torture for me to have to endure the 2 weeks of this every January.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it would be great to have to spend two more weeks of winter for me. Had 10 in of snow last weekend, and got clear up to 11 degrees here yesterday. I feel so sorry for you!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I seen today on the Weather Channel that 47 of the 48 Continental States now have a snow pack with the only one to not have snow is Florida and you guys down there are complaining,sheesh.Global Warming indeed!

·
Flat Broke
285 Posts
Yeah, It's been foggy and in the 30s to 40s here for awhile as well. As long as it;s not raining I try to get out. My mileage has pretty much sucked since the PCV install though. I filled up the other day, got on the freeway and dumped the throttle only to watch my gas gauge go from full to 3/4. Rode somewhat "normal for about another 50 miles or so and am at a 1/2 tank. I seriously need some Dyno time.

·
It's Only Money
1,321 Posts
Broke out the gear and rode into the office this morning. It was great and I'm looking forward to the ride home.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Yeah, It's been foggy and in the 30s to 40s here for awhile as well. As long as it;s not raining I try to get out. My mileage has pretty much sucked since the PCV install though. I filled up the other day, got on the freeway and dumped the throttle only to watch my gas gauge go from full to 3/4. Rode somewhat "normal for about another 50 miles or so and am at a 1/2 tank. I seriously need some Dyno time.
Dyno time with a proper tool that changes the program in the factory ecm.It takes a proper ecm a couple of seconds to learn the inputs so the outputs can be adjusted,not days and hours of running.Those alleged self learn ecm's are a joke.

·
Flat Broke
285 Posts
Dyno time with a proper tool that changes the program in the factory ecm.It takes a proper ecm a couple of seconds to learn the inputs so the outputs can be adjusted,not days and hours of running.Those alleged self learn ecm's are a joke.
So getting the Map tuned correctly on a Dyno should do correct?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts