Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up, Im looking for a good map that's gonna give me getter highway fuel mileage. I rode about 90 miles the other day and got some very depressing fuel mileage. I got about 31 mpg riding at about 70-75 mph. I have no problem with the 31 mpg, but I dont like filling up at 85 miles. I have a PCIIIr and am completely happy with it. I am using the map file from the power commander web site and hate it from the bottom of my heart. Ive heard of a map by someone named todd. is anyone farmiliar with these maps? I would like to get the bike up into the 40 mpg range like it was when i got it. Needless to say i enjoy hauling ass but not when all i am doing is looking for gas stations.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
maps from the website a usually on the rich side..but even a well tuned (tuned with a pclll3) v-rod will struggle to get 40mpg unless it is ridden a lot easier than most ride .... to get better mileage will probably take a dyno tune ,,,only problem it will take awhile to recover the expense of the tune by the improved mileage...if your bike is new enough to have o2 sensors they were disabled to use the pwr cmdr lll... if you were using one of hd`s tuners with the o2 sensors still working you could get a lot better mileage...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Another thing you can do in addition to getting a dyno tune is doing either a ricks or UE tank mod which will get you a 5 gallon tank. so really 31 x 4.5 = 139.5 miles plus what ever gain you get from the dyno tune.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if I do 100% freeway riding I will get mid to high 40s for mpg while running between 65 & 80 mph.
Normal for mixed riding with freeway cruising around 90mph is 35mpg.
I did 75 miles at 90 to 100+mph then 70 to 85mph, and averaged 31.6mpg on that tank

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't think my bike would get 40MPG coasting downhill wit a tailwind. 30-35 is about it. Stock '06 R with a bigger "pilot jet".

·
Registered
291 Posts
At my fillup today, I calculated 32mpg. This is with mods listed below running the TTS map for this config with no changes. I'm pretty hard on it, with a mixture of freeway and side road, and the occasional 3/4 to WOT blips on the freeway. :D

I'm also not fully broken in yet, at only 1200 miles. I'm happy with 32mpg, especially considering how much fun I can have and still get that kind of mileage!

WP

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a kit to install a 5 gallon tank? I was riding my 06 with pipes and filter and getting close to 40 mpg, now with my new power commander I get 30 hwy and 34 city if I'm lucky. That's babying on it. Someone please let me know if they make any progress with this issue. If the bike is breathing this much better, you'd think there would be a smaller fuel mileage drop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts