Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the fuel re-map for the SE Slip-ons the same as the one for the SE Double Barrels??? Or would interchanging between the two exhausts, require a re-map each time?

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bry... I'm buying a V-Rod with the SE Slip-ons on it already but I prefer the 16GA's... was hoping I wouldn't need to reflash. Yes, I'm a cheap-skate :broke:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I understand. $150 or so a pop gets expensive fast!! If you get the 16 ga, let me know. I might be in the market for the S/E slip-ons...

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
For $150 you might be able to find a deal on a PCIIIR, thats how much i gave for mine from a member here (Derek). then you can change pipes as often as you want or run topless etc...no more flashes, unless you change to a 28 th pulley.

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually a 28T pulley is definitely on the list. Guess I'm pretty much just going to have to bite the bullet.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
KC8ANP said:
Actually a 28T pulley is definitely on the list. Guess I'm pretty much just going to have to bite the bullet.
If you wait and do the 16 ga and 28T pulley at the same time you will save yourself a flash. I've been to do upgrades in stages so that I don't have to tear up same parts of the bike over and over, or pay someone to tear it up...

·
Ride on!
267 Posts
If you get the race tuner from HD... you can do everything... well just about... it will handle the change to 28t and different exhausts. Check out the Group Buy area... I think you can still get the race tuner for about the same price as a new PC3.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I have a PC IIIr that I used for about six months. It is in the original box and I will take $150 if anyone is interested.

·
Good at IT
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm interested in the race tuner, but I have financed a 6yr warranty into my bike deal, so I am concerned about voiding the MoCo warranty... I don't know... what are other people's experience??? I know a few of the guys have called and cancelled thier extrended warranty's (Max Included, I'm pretty sure) because of problems with the dealer possibly saying that problems are associated with the mod's we all prety do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts