Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the smaller fuel line(i believe the fuel return) has some play in it. You can actually move it forward and back where the fuel line clips on to the fuel tank(quarter inch or more). is this normal? the other fuel line next to doesn't move what so ever. here is a pic os the fuel line.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
The connectors should be firmly connected to the fuel tank nipple. Are you talking about the heat shield covering the actual fuel line? Those connectors should not move if properly installed.
The line on the left side of the bike is the pressure line. If it was loose you would know it. It is maintained at 62lbs pressure. THe other line is indeed a return line and has no pressure at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it the line on the right side of the bike. will anything happen if i disconnect it and try to reconnect it?

·
Noel
4,598 Posts
The tubes are rigid plastic there may not be enough flexibility or room to bend them, the service manual recommends that you disconnect the lines at the TB/fuel rail first, then remove the other ends at the tank.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Be careful. I broke mine (top one in your pic) just because I was pushing it a little trying to clean dust under it. When the engine is on, the fuel pump will put pressure on it, so you will know if it cracks - you will see fuel squirts out. Easy to fix though, but lets hope it doesn't happen at the first time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice gonna probably do it tomorrow since it will be raining here in springfield. Also while inspection the cable i noticed the its been rubbing on the relays but the black line isn't nicked or anything but the outer braiding has a whole in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts